How does one fix an issue with a seller for a webcam bought in May 2020 -

When the webcam arrived the picture was blurred - I communicated this to the seller and he advised that h would send a replacement - now 6 months alter he washes his hands of it .eBay is hopeless in this situation as one is in a perpetual loop with no phone.number!

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@garretsha-2 wrote:

eBay is rigged for the cheating buyer - necessary to even the odds!

Many of the sellers that visit the boards would wholeheartedly agree with you there.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You can't now. 

You've left it way too late to open a case for Item Not As Described even in Paypal.

Paypal give you 180 days.  Ebay give you 30 days

The seller is registered in the Phillipines and would never have sent a replacement.

Never let a seller string you along for that long.

Nothing you can do, but chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Ebay's phone lines have been shut down for months because of Covid 19

You also can't name and shame on the boards.

The mods will remove the name.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

@garretsha-2 wrote:

When the webcam arrived the picture was blurred - I communicated this to the seller and he advised that h would send a replacement - now 6 months alter he washes his hands of it .eBay is hopeless in this situation as one is in a perpetual loop with no phone.number!

A Phillipine registered seller with shocking feedback, sorry, but you allowed the seller to get away with it, NEVER accept the promise of a replacement unit ALWAYS go for a refund. After over 6 months neither eBay nor Paypal will be able to help you. If you paid by credit card you might be able to do a chargeback, but even that is doubtful.

Edit. G'day Stawks..............snap.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

oh-hello-smiley-emoticon.gif G'day Padi - I forgot the chargeback part of the spiel  big grin smiley.gif

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

oh-hello-smiley-emoticon.gif G'day Padi - I forgot the chargeback part of the spiel  big grin smiley.gif

Hmmm, luckily one of us is on the ball Stawks..............SmileyWinterIceFishing.gif

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

All you can do now is try a chargeback through your credit card if you funded the purchase that way.

Even if you paid via PP with the card, you can tell the bank that the item did not match the description and the seller has stopped communicating with you.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

@garretsha-2 wrote:

Hi, I'm very sorry to hear of your issue. You say 6 months. When did your 180 days finish?

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Hi, I'm very sorry to hear of your issue. You say 6 months. When did your 180 days finish?

If you're thinking it was under the 180 days, it wasn't, it was over 6 months ago when the OP bought the webcam.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

I was just hoping that by chance the OP may have had a few days left up their sleeve and it wasn't quite 180 days yet.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

I was just hoping that by chance the OP may have had a few days left up their sleeve and it wasn't quite 180 days yet.

I guess you must have missed the first 2 posts by Stawks and myself, when the information was still there, that the sale took place over 6 months ago.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply