How to Cancel Order? Seller hasn't shipped after 7 days

Hello, is there a way to cancel my order and get a refund?

It's into the 8th day now and the seller still hasn't shipped.

The only reason I bought from them was because they said they would ship within 24 hours.

I messaged the seller asking to cancel and they wont.

Thanks

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: How to Cancel Order? Seller hasn't shipped after 7 days

Whilst it may not have been marked as shipped, that doesn't mean it hasn't been. Plenty sellers forget to update their transaction.

If it hasn't turned up by the 21st, then by all means open a case for Not Received on the 22nd.

Message 11 of 30
Latest reply

It hasn't shipped, I contacted the seller and they told me it hasn't shipped and they don't know when it will!

I urgently need these parts to repair a work computer.

What a joke a seller is allowed to jerk a buyer around like this and nothing can be done.

Message 12 of 30
Latest reply

Buyers have all the rights with ebay

A) the estimated delivery date was shown to you before buying

B) you took the word of a dodgy seller in China over what was shown

C)The computer parts you bought will more than likely be knock offs that are definitely not to standard and will more than like do damage to the computer in question 

Buyers are responsible for their own bad choices when they have such information and go ahead and buy anyway, then blame eBay for their bad choices

So urgent, why not buy from a real store online or at least a reputable seller in Australia?

Message 13 of 30
Latest reply

@doohan$$$ wrote:

Well in 20 odd years I've never had an idiot seller take 8+ days to send something.

I should be able to cancel my order and get a refund if the seller does not do what is in their description - 'We guarantee to ship out within 24 hours after payment confirmation'

I could have bought it somewhere else and had it delivered by now.

Good grief, you have been really lucky then. Back in the days before paypal and estimated delivery times, I used to find just about every seller I struck took at least a week. I was always having to write and politely ask them to let me know once it was posted so I could look out for it. Some sellers took their own sweet time-2 weeks was fairly common.

I had a look at your seller's ad, and I saw that although it claimed they would normally ship in 24 hours, that wasn't a guarantee as such. It mentioned that they would let you know if there was a hold up with postage. It seems they have answered you and let you know they are unsure when it will ship.

My take on it is there is probably something happening at their end. China has had a lot of lockdowns, they may not be able to have their warehouse open etc. Although they have some bad feedback, none of it is about not receiving the goods. So they will eventually ship something to you.

However, in the circumstances, as they cannot ship for some reason (maybe lockdown or maybe because they don't have the part-they should have let you know why there was a hold up), they should have offered you a cancellation if they cannot be sure they can get the part to you on time.

You said this:

Delivery: Estimated between Wed, 21 Sep and Wed, 28 Sep
Clearly eBay is favored towards the sellers...

When you buy on ebay, all that really matters in the ad, as far as delivery goes, is that estimated delivery date range. You asked why you have no power. You have a lot of power. It is not 21-28 Sept yet.
I know you are anxious, but a few of the positive feedbacks say fast delivery from China and it looks as if the seller uses speedpak so it is still possible you will get your item in the estimated time range.

Never buy unless you are prepared to wait for delivery in the quoted dates. Never assume you are going to get it any faster than that. Sometimes you might, but if you are desperate for a particular part right now, then I am not sure why you ordered something that is not slated to arrive till 21st at the very earliest. Yes, you probably could have ordered elsewhere and had it delivered by now, had you chosen an aussie seller.

If the item has not arrived by 28 Sept, you can ask ebay for a refund on the basis you have not received your item.
You wondered why you can't just cancel right now. That's because as far as ebay is concerned, the seller might still have the power to get that item to you in the agreed time.
Message 14 of 30
Latest reply

In all honestly, I don't think you'll be getting genuine parts which conform to our high Aus standards.  Much of their negative and neutral feedback mentions items not being fit for purpose. 

Besides that, if you have read the news, there are 2 problems:

1) China is regularly locking down entire cities of millions of people over a single Covid case. These people cannot get to work to do things like fulfilling orders.

2) There is a worldwide chip and parts shortage for many items, which have flowed all the way down through various supply chains.

I would definitely be buying these types of things from a genuine Aus seller who will at least provide a warranty. Your Chinese seller will not be helping you when things go wrong after 30 days once you actually have the item.

Message 15 of 30
Latest reply

Well, that's interesting. The description says they will ship within a day, but if you go to Postage and Payments it says "withing 5 business days of receiving cleared payment".

By the way, how did you pay? If you paid by cc it might take a few days until payment is cleared.

Message 16 of 30
Latest reply

What is said in the description is puffery.

The "postage" tab shows the actual postage information.

I agree that it's misleading, and I'm with jellybirddesigns and sandypebbles on this.

(I'm also with the other posters here, but jellybird and sandypebbles were particularly targeted or pithy on exactly the three points I would have addressed.)

Message 17 of 30
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

A) the estimated delivery date was shown to you before buying

B) you took the word of a dodgy seller in China over what was shown

C)The computer parts you bought will more than likely be knock offs that are definitely not to standard and will more than like do damage to the computer in question 

Buyers are responsible for their own bad choices when they have such information and go ahead and buy anyway, then blame eBay for their bad choices

So urgent, why not buy from a real store online or at least a reputable seller in Australia?

A. Yes there was an estimated delivery date, and also a guarantee to post within 24 hours, 9 days now and still not sent.

B. I wouldn't say dodgy, 99% and 15,000+ feedback is about as good as it gets from China.

C. They wont be knock offs, the seller has not 1 negative feedback about fake parts.

How can this be a bad choice? I looked for the seller with the best feedback that offered fast shipping, not much more I can do...

You can't buy these parts from a retail store, they stopped making them about 7 years ago so eBay is the only place.

Message 18 of 30
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

I had a look at your seller's ad, and I saw that although it claimed they would normally ship in 24 hours, that wasn't a guarantee as such. It mentioned that they would let you know if there was a hold up with postage. It seems they have answered you and let you know they are unsure when it will ship.

Never buy unless you are prepared to wait for delivery in the quoted dates. 

They never let me know about the postage delay - like their description says they would.

After the 5th day I contacted them asking why it hasn't been sent.

Yes I'm prepared to wait for the quoted dates, but there is no way its going to arrive by Sep 14 - 21 when they refuse to send it!

Message 19 of 30
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

In all honestly, I don't think you'll be getting genuine parts which conform to our high Aus standards.  Much of their negative and neutral feedback mentions items not being fit for purpose. 

I would definitely be buying these types of things from a genuine Aus seller who will at least provide a warranty. Your Chinese seller will not be helping you when things go wrong after 30 days once you actually have the item.

I hope not! I have bought CPU's from China before and never had a problem.

The negatives didn't say anything about fake parts so that's one of the reasons I bought from this seller.

Not for sale in OZ and I doubt you would get a warranty for a 7-10 year old CPU.

Message 20 of 30
Latest reply