How to search seller feedback for particular items?

I've been looking at a number of overseas sellers for a few items I need and want to know if there is a way I can search their feedback for keywords/particular items? Their transactions are so huge it takes forever to cycle through page by page trying to see feedback on an item I'm interested in.

So is it possible?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There's a couple of ways - one is Toolhaus, where you enter the seller's ID and item title to search their feedback: http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/item-fb

The other is a manual search through a FB profile (which is what I do, since I generally find it faster and easier) - also, these will only work with sellers who don't have private listings, because the item titles need to appear on the feedback page.

Click the link at the bottom of the page to display 200 feedback per page, press F3 for a little search box to pop up on your browser, type in the main keyword(s) of the item, the search function will jump to FB comments wherever that word appears. 

This is what it looks like in Chrome - it's showing red, 0 of 0 because the word 'black' doesn't appear on this page (well, it does now, so if you use that to test the function, you'll get a hit :D) , but it will count all instances of the word(s) if it does appear, and you can use the up / down approws to jump to each one.

keyword search.JPG

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

In short, No.

But try a search for your item then select completed listings in the left margin.

Look for the listings with price in green signifying sold items.

That may lead you to a seller that sells a lot of those items.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

There's a couple of ways - one is Toolhaus, where you enter the seller's ID and item title to search their feedback: http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/item-fb

The other is a manual search through a FB profile (which is what I do, since I generally find it faster and easier) - also, these will only work with sellers who don't have private listings, because the item titles need to appear on the feedback page.

Click the link at the bottom of the page to display 200 feedback per page, press F3 for a little search box to pop up on your browser, type in the main keyword(s) of the item, the search function will jump to FB comments wherever that word appears. 

This is what it looks like in Chrome - it's showing red, 0 of 0 because the word 'black' doesn't appear on this page (well, it does now, so if you use that to test the function, you'll get a hit :D) , but it will count all instances of the word(s) if it does appear, and you can use the up / down approws to jump to each one.

keyword search.JPG

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Well, who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Ignore me OP, DG has the word. 

I should move to Adelaide, seems that's where all the wise people are. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

I should move to Adelaide,

The more, the merrier 😄 (but perhaps not so wise, lol - I have no idea what "approws" are, nor why I typed that in place of "arrows" Smiley Surprised Smiley LOL )

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You are a legend, thanks so much!!

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply