I don't have a Paypal account.

I don't have a Paypal account, can I still pay with a Visa credit card on items that ask for a Paypal payment.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: I don't have a Paypal account.

You will need to contact the seller to ask first and they would then need to be willing to supply you with their payment/bank details.

You'd be running a risk though as obviously you wouldn't be covered by PayPal's buyer protection. Not sure how the new eBay buyer protection works, so you may be protected.
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

You don't need to email the seller. You can pay using PayPal as a Guest - there is a link in the login page where you can use PayPal as a guest and pay using your visa credit card. You will also be eligible for buyer protection by paying as a guest.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Further to what tstore wrote, to find that link, when you go to pay, select the PayPal option. When you get to the next screen, there will be a section asking for login details. Down the bottom of that screen is the link to pay via PayPal using your Visa credit or debit card. You need the 3 digit number off the back, as well as all the other card details.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You can only make a limited number of Guest payments through paypal before you will be asked to open an account and if you have a problem you have to open an account to use the Resolution Centre.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

You could also pay the trader directly by card if they have an eftpos machine, that would be only in the event they have a bricks & mortar shop or use a mobile card machine. They would also need to be registered as a business seller by Ebay. Your best option might be to look at whether it suits you to open a Paypal account - despite some very minor inconveniences as detailed by bloggers elsewhere on this site, for me it beats a bank account every day. Its your decision.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@tstore wrote:
You don't need to email the seller. You can pay using PayPal as a Guest - there is a link in the login page where you can use PayPal as a guest and pay using your visa credit card. You will also be eligible for buyer protection by paying as a guest.

To pay as a guest, you can't use your ebay id and there are conditions. BIN not auction, sellers fb score/rating

You can buy without an eBay account when:

• The price of the item is less than AUD $6,000

• The seller has a Feedback score of five or higher and a positive rating of 98% or better

• You purchase the item using Buy It Now

• You pay for the item using PayPal or credit card (your credit card information won't be shared with the seller)

If you decide to register when buying your item, it's easy โ€“ just choose a password at the end of the checkout process.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

eBay Money Back Guarantee

• If you paid with a payment method other than PayPal, Paymate or via a credit card through checkout or as a PayPal Guest you wonโ€™t be covered by eBay Money Back GuaranteePayPal Buyer Protection may be available for PayPal Guest checkout transactions.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Things must have changed. Until I started selling, I didn't have a PayPal account, so always used the guest option with my credit card. 99% of my transactions were auctions. I had an auction buyer a couple of days ago ask me about paying because she didn't have a PayPal account, so I directed her to the guest payment area, which she paid with her credit card. 

I got the feeling the OP had a valid eBay account, just not a PayPal account.....which is what this topic was about?

@am*3 wrote:
To pay as a guest, you can't use your ebay id and there are conditions. BIN not auction, sellers fb score/rating

You can buy without an eBay account when:

• The price of the item is less than AUD $6,000

• The seller has a Feedback score of five or higher and a positive rating of 98% or better

• You purchase the item using Buy It Now

• You pay for the item using PayPal or credit card (your credit card information won't be shared with the seller)

If you decide to register when buying your item, it's easy โ€“ just choose a password at the end of the checkout process.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

eBay Money Back Guarantee

• If you paid with a payment method other than PayPal, Paymate or via a credit card through checkout or as a PayPal Guest you wonโ€™t be covered by eBay Money Back GuaranteePayPal Buyer Protection may be available for PayPal Guest checkout transactions.

That reads to me that if the OP pays as a guest via PayPal that they WILL have buyer protection. I took that to mean that if you pay via PayPal, Paymate, or with a credit card via PayPal as a guest you ARE covered, but if you pay another way, e.g bank deposit, you're not. Have I misread something?

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply