I have asked eBay to step in for a return and they keep extending the sellers time to send the label

I purchased masks listed to be sent from Sydney, AU. Soon after my purchase I looked at my order only to find that the ones I purchased had been changed to a cheaper completely different unbranded one.

Seller also changed the listing description and the location to “outside of Australia”.

Within 3 minutes I asked to cancel the order through purchases and also inboxed the seller only to see my order immediately change to “shipped”.  

About 10 minutes later the notice came through that the seller rejected to cancel the order.  2 days later they reply to the inbox message saying they sent the order.

I get the masks almost 1 month later to find that they are infact not as described and cheap quality copies.

I started a return which I had to escalate because the seller refused a return and offered a ridiculous amount to keep the cheap **bleep** he sent because it”s not “worth it” for him to have them returned.

eBay first stated the return wait is approx 48 hours or in some cases a couple days more.

They extended the 48 hrs by an extra 5 days. Now I log in to find that the 7 days already passed has now been further extended another 4 days. That will make it 11 days to “maybe” get this return label from the seller... seriously.... ??? 

I paid a total of $147.00 for masks a seller sent that are in fact worth $14.00. I do not want them, they are not as described and not what I purchased!

What do I have to do get this return sorted and send the **bleep** back for my refund??? 

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I have asked eBay to step in for a return and they keep extending the sellers time to send the label

I explained that the seller lied they and also changed details of the listing and the reply I keep getting from eBay through chat and on dispute is...

“eBay Customer Service has placed the case on hold until Apr. 3 to allow time to provide additional documentation.

Here's what happened
Mar. 31 :
The case was put on hold

Mar. 26 :
The case was put on hold”

I’ll be expecting nothing less than a for a full refund. I’ll be happy to send the **bleep**py masks back to China or eBay can have them!

Hopefully it’s over by the end of this weekend.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

And so they should be cleaning out the trash trolls!!  AND

Just as they should be cleaning out the trash sellers!!

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

An overseas seller cannot supply a return label as it's an Aust Post option.

Call eBay and explain the seller cannot supply return label.

image host
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Usually, a Chinese seller doesn't want their item back, they offer a refund straight up.

Have you opened a case for Item not as described?

That should make them refund you to avoid the red dot.

But do as Kopes says first.

edit:  oops, you already gave them a red dot.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

I had a chat with eBay today and they have extended it another 3 days for the seller to provide a return label even though there AU was really international... I'm scatching my head here and losing more faith in eBay!

It's a not as described case. Seems dishonesty rules eBay lately.

Seller did offer a payment of $60.00, that would mean I payed $87.00 for masks that are worth $14.00, if even that!

any way of making the red dot huge lol

Thank you for the replies, I appreciate it  🙂 

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

An overseas seller cannot send you a return label as it is an Australia Post option.   Did you tell ebay this?

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

@66wolf66 wrote:

I had a chat with eBay today and they have extended it another 3 days for the seller to provide a return label even though there AU was really international... I'm scatching my head here and losing more faith in eBay!

It's a not as described case. Seems dishonesty rules eBay lately.

Seller did offer a payment of $60.00, that would mean I payed $87.00 for masks that are worth $14.00, if even that!

any way of making the red dot huge lol

Thank you for the replies, I appreciate it  🙂 

If it is an international seller who lied about location as Australia, then they are not going to be able to issue you with a return label.

If you told the ebay operator all this,then yes, it is ridiculous that they have extended the time. 

If I were you, I'd be sticking to wanting  a full refund so when the label fails to come after 3 days, I'd be ringing ebay again. Hopefully you'll get a different operator who will rule in your favour and finalise a refund on the spot.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

No point ringing - online chat is all that's available

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

I explained that the seller lied they and also changed details of the listing and the reply I keep getting from eBay through chat and on dispute is...

“eBay Customer Service has placed the case on hold until Apr. 3 to allow time to provide additional documentation.

Here's what happened
Mar. 31 :
The case was put on hold

Mar. 26 :
The case was put on hold”

I’ll be expecting nothing less than a for a full refund. I’ll be happy to send the **bleep**py masks back to China or eBay can have them!

Hopefully it’s over by the end of this weekend.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

sna-4293
Community Member

eBay has a practise of extending waiting periods. They keep extending my item not received case by ten days. I'm fed up with it.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

I hope it works out and you receive your refund. Appreciate the advice to get the word out using social media to warn others of bad sellers!

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply