I purchased an item and did not receive it. EBay sided with the seller. What can I do?

mime225
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased an item and did not receive it. The seller asked me to reach out to their courier and is the courier stated that the item was returned to the vendor via email. I lodged a dispute and got nowhere eBay. Is there anything I can do? 

I have attached a screenshot to this post.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: I purchased an item and did not receive it. EBay sided with the seller. What can I do?

I would think that all you can do now is contact the seller and show them the transcript you have and ask them to refund your money.

If they refuse then look to getting Fair Trading in your state involved.

A Paypal dispute won't work since the seller only has to show that the item was sent, not that it was delivered.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Re: I purchased an item and did not receive it. EBay sided with the seller. What can I do?

Hi Padi,

🙂 Thanks for your response. I'm going to see if my bank will reverse the transaction. Alternatively I would like to make a claim in small claims court however I would need the sellers information. Do you think that's possible to obtain from Ebay? Cheers

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@mime225 wrote:

Hi Padi,

🙂 Thanks for your response. I'm going to see if my bank will reverse the transaction. Alternatively I would like to make a claim in small claims court however I would need the sellers information. Do you think that's possible to obtain from Ebay? Cheers

I doubt eBay will give you the seller's information due to privacy concerns. Is there no details on the purchased item to give you that information ?

Before going to the bank I'd suggest trying to get a refund from the seller - be aware that if you paid by credit card through Paypal then any refund will go to the CC account and will take a few business days to transfer.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Reading the screenshot tells me that you never had a chance of the outcome you wanted.

You do realise that ebay has access to all messages between you and the seller, don't you?

You have blatently lied to ebay when you escalated the dispute by stating that the seller did not respond to you when you contacted him about the issue when ebay can see that he has replied a number of times.

Also, you have a a message from the courier company saying they could not deliver to the address given so the item was returned to the seller but apparently went missing.   Your issue is with the courier company, not the seller.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Have tried politely asking the seller for details of the refund?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Hi Lyndal,

Sorry blatantly lied? I contacted the seller to inform them that I did not receive the item and to resolve the issue. They insisted that I did receive the item and they were not in the wrong. I have attached documentation from the courier stating that the item was returned to the seller. Clearly the seller has sold the same item twice and gotten away with it. The main issue is that the item was stated by the courier that it was "delivered" when in fact it was returned.

I have reached out to the seller post dispute and they have not responded to my messages.

The attached the information from the courier appears to have the sellers information. It seems like I will need to lodge a police report. I would prefer not to consume police resources especially during COVID-19. If there is a way eBay can use common sense and reverse the transaction please let me know. Much appreciated

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Unfortunately the vendor is not returning contact 😞
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply