INSTEAD OF FEEDBACK ,WHICH IS INACCURATE , SHOW HOW MANY DISPUTES AGAINST THE COMPANIES, FORACCURACY

IF EBAY WAS SERIOUS ABOUT , HELPING & PROTECT / FOREWARN THEIR BUYERS , THEY SHOULD ALSO DISPLAY HOW MANY DISPUTE ACTIONS HAVE BEEN TAKEN AGAINST EACH & EVERY COMPANY / DEALER / DISTRUBTOR . AS FEEDBACK ONLY SHOWS PEOPLES PAST PURCHASES , AS YOU CANNOT FORESEE THE TRUE HONESTY OF THE COMPANY , ON THE PURCHASE YOU HAVE JUST MADE . SO IN ABOUT A MONTHS TIME WHEN YOU DO OR DO NOT RECEIVE  &  OR RECEIVE A DODGY PRODUCT THE PAST FEEDBACK IS COMPLETELY USELESS . WHEN THIS TIME COMES YOU HAVE TO FIGHT TO OR LODGE A DISPUTE & THEN IF YOU ARE SUCCESSFULL WAIT ABOUT 3 BLOODY WEEKS TO GET YOUR OWN MONEY BACK . I PERSONALLY HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH 40% OF SELLERS & OR PRODUCTS ON EBAY. SO IF ANYONE ELSE IS IN THE SAME BOAT , & I RECKON THERE IS PLENTY , BECAUSE THE EBAY & PAYPAL PHONES ARE ALWAYS SO BUSY , WE SHOULD ALL STAND UP & RESPOND . COME ON EVERY ONE IF WE ALL STAND UNITED AS A LARGE UNHAPPY MOB  & MAKE COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS MATTER , EBAY MAY RESPOND AND WE MAY ALL GET RESPECT , SATISFACTION & A POSSITIVE OUTCOME FOR ALL THOSE BUYERS OUT THERE.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: INSTEAD OF FEEDBACK ,WHICH IS INACCURATE , SHOW HOW MANY DISPUTES AGAINST THE COMPANIES, FORACCU

@markcarmaniac wrote:

IF EBAY WAS SERIOUS ABOUT , HELPING & PROTECT / FOREWARN THEIR BUYERS , THEY SHOULD ALSO DISPLAY HOW MANY DISPUTE ACTIONS HAVE BEEN TAKEN AGAINST EACH & EVERY COMPANY / DEALER / DISTRUBTOR . AS FEEDBACK ONLY SHOWS PEOPLES PAST PURCHASES , AS YOU CANNOT FORESEE THE TRUE HONESTY OF THE COMPANY , ON THE PURCHASE YOU HAVE JUST MADE . SO IN ABOUT A MONTHS TIME WHEN YOU DO OR DO NOT RECEIVE  &  OR RECEIVE A DODGY PRODUCT THE PAST FEEDBACK IS COMPLETELY USELESS . WHEN THIS TIME COMES YOU HAVE TO FIGHT TO OR LODGE A DISPUTE & THEN IF YOU ARE SUCCESSFULL WAIT ABOUT 3 BLOODY WEEKS TO GET YOUR OWN MONEY BACK . I PERSONALLY HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH 40% OF SELLERS & OR PRODUCTS ON EBAY. SO IF ANYONE ELSE IS IN THE SAME BOAT , & I RECKON THERE IS PLENTY , BECAUSE THE EBAY & PAYPAL PHONES ARE ALWAYS SO BUSY , WE SHOULD ALL STAND UP & RESPOND . COME ON EVERY ONE IF WE ALL STAND UNITED AS A LARGE UNHAPPY MOB  & MAKE COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS MATTER , EBAY MAY RESPOND AND WE MAY ALL GET RESPECT , SATISFACTION & A POSSITIVE OUTCOME FOR ALL THOSE BUYERS OUT THERE.

If you were serious about your buying you would not buy from the sellers that you have been dealing with.

Took only two minutes of research to discover that you have bought from sellers with appalling feedback prior to your purchases.

The tools are there....you just need to use them.

Btw.....hit the Caps Lock key.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Re: INSTEAD OF FEEDBACK ,WHICH IS INACCURATE , SHOW HOW MANY DISPUTES AGAINST THE COMPANIES, FORACCU

Agree with above.

You certainly can pick who not to buy from and then buy from them.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

If there is a sign saying SHARKS on the beach and you run into the water would you be surprised if you had to hop out again minus a leg?

Of course feedback is of no use if you ignore it. 40% of transactions with a problem days more about your buying pattern than anything else, in all the years I have been buying on ebay it must be way under 1% of items I have had a problem with and I have got my money back and left feedback for all of those few.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I just checked the last six feedbacks you had as a buyer and every one was from OS sellers from some of the shonkiest detinations. If you want to buy the cheapest rubbish available anywhere in the world, its a bit unfair to start complaining when it really isnt much good. If you where willing to spend reasonable money to buy well known, quality brands from reputable companies in Australia ( and other legitimate OS sellers ) most of your problems would disappear overnight. Its pretty simple really. You pay low ball, cheap prices from shonky sellers in places such as China, you get low ball, cheap, shonky products and service.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

cham

I have purchased a heap - 20+ low priced items from China.

Yes, you get what you pay for and apart from the delay in shipping from the October purchases, everything arrived and most was OK, but then again, my expectations weren't that high to start with.

So I agree with you, buy cheap carp from OS from iffy sellers, that what you will get, IF it turns up.

And that is where you have to look closely at who you buy from.

HK is better than China, and faster.
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I have to say, if I had only 60% successful rate for purchases, I would not be still here.

Also, the feedback you give doesnt show any where near 40% fail.. which means you either are not leaving the right feedback yourself, or you are exaggerating the 40%

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

HELLO , MY NAME IS MARK , I AM NEW TO EBAY & HAVE ONLY BEEN BUYING MORE SERIOUSLY IN THE LAST 7-8 MONTHS . AS I FELT PRESSURED INTO SENDING FEEDBACK , AND MANY TIMES IN THE PAST GAVE FEEDBACK BEFORE DELIVERY . I HAVE SINCE HAD TO GO BACK TO ALTER FEEDBACK IN THE PAST , & NOW FOUND OUT THROUGH MY BLOG, THAT HK IS BETTER THAN CHINA FOR PURCHASES . I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU TO BOTH YOU & EVERYBODY ELSE WHO GAVE ME SOME HELPFULL ADVICE.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I did checkout feedback at the time of my purchases , & also being new to eBay , I did not know what was the better company / country to buy from . Also was giving feedback before products arrived , I would have to say that the advice given was helpful & would have to say that quite a few new people starting out have had the similar problems to me .
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Never, ever give feedback before you have the product!  I guess you know that now.

I've been on ebay for probably about 14 or 15 years (under a different account name) and I have to say that over the last year or two I have actually noticed an improvement  on the part of most sellers.

I usually get quick responses to queries, my items arrive in good time. I have been thrilled with the service from some of the aussie sellers.

Most of the time I do buy from Australian sellers, but I have bought a couple of things from China and both sellers were excellent, great service. They were only small items but if you check out the history of the seller you can still pick up a bargain.

In my case, I was looking for those little diamante buckles you see on wedding invitations. From memory,they were about $1.25 each at the local craft shop, about $39 for 50 off the Aussie ebay seller and about $15 for 50 from China. I bought off both the aussie seller and the chinese one and could not see a difference in quality although I'm no expert so I'm prepared to accept there could have been.

Main point is though, I was happy with both my ebay purchases. I bought off the Aussie seller because it mattered to me to get a quality product in a shorter time frame, I didn't want to have to wait around for a month. I bought from the chinese seller because I just needed the product for general purposes and time wasn't a factor.

from what i can gather from the boards, some of it seems to rest on what sort of product you buy. I get the impression it is best to avoid electronics etc like the plague.

But other things seem fine to me. Not had any trouble.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply