Is anyone else finding the message of Buy this Item from an Aussie Seller rather uncomfortable?

If this message said - "Do you want to buy this item from a Seller in Australia?" - I would be fine with it.  I buy from Sellers who might not be Naturalised Aussies yet or might be from overseas.  All I want it a quality product at a good price, a fair price for postage and packaging and sent in good time.  To me this runs very close to discrimination.  What next? Do I only want to buy from Women? Or only Men?  A certain age group?  

Perhaps I am too sensitive but I try to reverse things to see how a potential Seller would feel if they were culled from the Selling Arena because they are not Aussie.  I would be hurt and rather indignant.

If no-one else is uncomfortable with this I will just continue to ignore it (which is what I am doing now).

THOUGHTS????

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Is anyone else finding the message of Buy this Item from an Aussie Seller rather uncomfortable?

Possibly not even the authors.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

Re: Is anyone else finding the message of Buy this Item from an Aussie Seller rather uncomfortable?

davidc4430 wrote:

OMG! new ebay rule, everyone has to supply a DNA sample when joining up, back dated to 1890

That may be a bit OTT but I have often thought they should have to have an IQ test. Smiley LOL

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

i'm going to need a book on how to pass an IQ test if that happens.

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

added to my watch list, thank you so much

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

I think that idea was that if the seller has an address in Australia and the item was located in Australia, not in Hong Kong or China, and was to  be shipped from an Australian address then the seller would be an "Aussie Seller", not just someone from overseas who lists on the ebay au site. Sellers also have the option,if they wish, of listing their items on multiple overseas ebay sites if they think it will enhance their chances of selling it. Remember,if you buy from an Aussie Seller" then they can use the return they get to get more stock and offer more items for sale. You might just find something you like if they continue to list.

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply