Is anyone else getting fed up with not knowing whether a seller will deliver to a PO Box (Australia)

I am finding that a buyer needs to commit to buy before finding out delivery arrangements. I prefer delivery PO box as it is more secure and more convenient. If I decide not to purchase when I find out that the delivery is inappropriate, I run the risk of being labelled as a bad buyer. 

The latest occurrence had the seller advertising as offering Australia Post but when everything had gone through; Paypal, etc; I get a message 12 hours later stating that the seller is unable to deliver to PO boxes.

I just think it is bad form of ebay to not have delivery methods set up prior to purchasing and this is going to impact upon my future use.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Is anyone else getting fed up with not knowing whether a seller will deliver to a PO Box (Australia)

Change your delivery address to read as Postal Box instead of PO Box I have not had a problem since doing this. Hope it helps.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Many sellers send their items by courier and couriers cannot deliver to Post Office boxes. This will be the main reason some sellers will not post to a PO box.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

On fixed price items, use the add to cart function instead of 'Buy It Now', as it shows you up front if the seller won't post to a PO box and won't let you purchase / complete checkout (unless you change the address).

I did get caught out once because the seller had specified Aus Post delivery services, and had not blocked PO boxes, so bought, paid and then received a courier tracking number. On re-checking the listing, I found right at the end of a long description, in a non-visible tabbed pane, that they were using couriers and couldn't post to PO boxes, so that was a bit annoying but got sorted fairly quickly as I can provide a street address when necessary. 

I do not recommend using alternative ways to spell out "PO Box" to get around seller blocks on them, I see it all the time on buyer addresses I get (not an issue, because I do post to PO boxes), but I empathise with sellers who specify that they don't and get this, because one it's not their fault eBay will allow purchase when they don't send to PO boxes, and two (to me) it's basically saying "bugger you, you'll post the way I want you to". 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply