Is anyone having problems with deliveries from China? Is Corona Virus delaying deliveries

Is anyone experiencing difficulties with deliveries from China? I ordered something which tracking says was despatched Feb 6 but still have not received it. Is Corona Virus preventing promt deliveries from China and elsewhere?

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Is anyone having problems with deliveries from China? Is Corona Virus delaying deliveries

No, because I don't buy cheap rubbish from China.

Corona virus could be an issue.

The main issue will be Chinese New Year. The whole country shuts down for it. Every year.

Message 2 of 60
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You have to be joking.....you expect an item to be delivered in less than a week from China?  What was the estimated delivery date that you were given.....it could have been anything up to 2 months.

Apart from the country being in lockdown because of the coronavirus have you taken into account that most Chinese businesses close down for Chinese New Year from late January to mid February.   I am surprised that any Chinese sellers are sending anything out at the moment.

But a week....SHEESH!!!

Message 3 of 60
Latest reply

Apart from Chinese new year holiday my supplier tells me that many warehousing districts in Chinaare shut down due to the virus until at least the 18th, and there are some ships full of goods off the coast that are not allowed to come into port at the moment. People have to be patient, it is not the sellers fault.

Latest reply

One week from China (in the very very best of times) ?

Mail takes longer than that a lot of the time from in the same state

I am sure you read or watch or listen to the news, so really, you know the answer

If you need something fast, don't buy from China, during Chinese New Year, and a massive virus crisis 

Message 5 of 60
Latest reply

Australia Post reports  there are major disruptions to all China inbound and outbound services,

So yes you can expect major delays.

Can you imagine the  caos, backlog and logistics that is going to ensue when transport operations finally resume.

Message 6 of 60
Latest reply

$10 says that this buyer knows Michelle.

Message 7 of 60
Latest reply

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL  No bets.

I suspect you have been on the boards before.....you "read" posters very well.Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 60
Latest reply

I actually ordered this from SINGAPORE paid in GBP on January 20th. Its now Feb 20th and I still haven't got it. Yes, I do know about Chinese New Year, I lived in Hong Kong for 15 years. In the past, I've ordered things which have come from China within days. I did not know this seller used China Air, that the product was actually sourced in China.
Message 9 of 60
Latest reply

I've got several items coming from China and I fully expect I won't see them for a while.

But, what really bothers me is that Orange and 17Track show a parcel from China arrived in Melbourne on 15 Feb.....and nothing seems to have happened since.  AP doesn't show the tracking number though it seems to be a code that AP may accept once it is in the system.  I'm not sure what if anything I can do next to find out what has happened.

It's an insulated lunch bag, surely not an issue for customs or quarantine....so where is it?

Message 10 of 60
Latest reply