Is it just me or is this a "life threat" of Virus from CHINA? I took this as a threat.

Okay, Dear, i wish you will understand all things happened in your life.
Be bright and wisdom, Dear. Your life is limited, pls live a better and bright life.
This is my advice. friend.

Hope you are good at this hard corona time .
Every year , i will meet some customers like you.
But Okay, that is it from your country.AU
Hope you good.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Is it just me or is this a "life threat" of Virus from CHINA? I took this as a threat.

Regretfully I did report them to eBay, and I am holding off reporting this to the Police until I get a eBay response about this situation.

Thank you for trying to help me here.

Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

Re: Is it just me or is this a "life threat" of Virus from CHINA? I took this as a threat.

Its not about the money, and I sure hope your right. I live with elderly disabled and children, I cannot aford to take any chances, would you?

Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

it's just you.

Spoiler
If you feel genuinely threatened you should contact Interpol.
Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

I doubt that you have anything to worry about...the seller is not likely to jump on a plane and arrive on your doorstep with most of the world in lockdown.

Really, the police will just laugh at you....if not to your face then behind your back.

Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

@1930.penny wrote:

Its not about the money, and I sure hope your right. I live with elderly disabled and children, I cannot aford to take any chances, would you?

How exactly do you think they are going to give you this virus?

It won't survive in a parcel/letter.

Please read up on how this virus works and is transmitted, before you do your head in.

Myth: You can contract it if you buy goods manufactured in China

According to the WHOTrusted Source, itโ€™s highly unlikely that the virus would remain on the surface of a product made in China and shipped to the United States or elsewhere.

If youโ€™re concerned, you can clean the surface of the item with a disinfectant wipe before you use it.

https://www.healthline.com/health/coronavirus-transmission#myths

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

That is what i was worried about.

Thank you.

Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

@1930.penny wrote:

Okay, Dear, i wish you will understand all things happened in your life.
Be bright and wisdom, Dear. Your life is limited, pls live a better and bright life.
This is my advice. friend.

Hope you are good at this hard corona time .
Every year , i will meet some customers like you.
But Okay, that is it from your country.AU
Hope you good.

I do not know how anyone could read a threat out of this !

By god, this is exactly the sort of thinking that starts arguments and problems in the world.

For goodness sake, think about things before coming out with your opinion, especially on a public forum.

I am sorry but I am absolutely disgusted by your behaviour, are you a grown up ?

There is nothing but kind words in their message, add to that they are probably using a translator which is often referred to online as Chinglish.

Considering the tone of responses you have come forth with, you do not appear to be naive in asking a genuine question whether a threat has been made to your life, rather an over reactive emotional statement designed to incite a reaction.

If not the latter then you are being paranoid and maybe you need to seek some help.

Once again, think before you speak.

Grrrrrrrr..............................Smiley Mad

Signed, a peacekeeper.

image host
Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

Sounds like you have never interacted with an Asian person before who does not speak English. This is in no way a threat, just good manners on their part, with translation errors. You have way overreacted.

Latest reply

Ok, I guess I misinterpreted the sellers comments, this is why I posted here, and even though you all do not have the whole correspondense I had with this seller, I will retract my feedback with that seller and accept my loss (again).

I made a mistake posting here for the first time hoping to get some clarity with this, but instead I got nothing but insults, to add to the insults i recieved from the seller for not removing my feedback as they requested.

I got ripped off and this is the help i get from my eBay community

Thank you all.

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

@1930.penny wrote:

Ok, I guess I misinterpreted the sellers comments, this is why I posted here, and even though you all do not have the whole correspondense I had with this seller, I will retract my feedback with that seller and accept my loss (again).

I made a mistake posting here for the first time hoping to get some clarity with this, but instead I got nothing but insults, to add to the insults i recieved from the seller for not removing my feedback as they requested.

I got ripped off and this is the help i get from my eBay community

Thank you all.

As a general rule of thumb, if you don't get support for your particular paradigm, it is usually flawed.

You have marked your own thoughts as a solution to your question. If you aren't interested in other members' opinions why did you bother posting in the first place?

If you got 'ripped off' that is entirely down to you. eBay almost always side with the buyer and if you used the tools available (assuming you know what they are) you would not have had an issue.

Just because you take a polite Chinese communication as a threat, doesn't mean it is. Or that you have a grasp of reality.

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply