Is it possible to report a seller that you only suspect of wrongdoing?

I recently won an auction and waited until the date that it said my item should arrive. I have contacted the seller and the purchase has been cancelled (for reasons that don't seem to add up to me). I have been given a full refund but I have been out of pocket for almost 2 weeks and there seems to be no way I can report my concerns to Ebay. On the resolution centre page that I got to, it just seems to get to a point where it says that because I recieved a full refund, I can't take any further action.

Message 1 of 84
Latest reply
83 REPLIES 83

Re: Is it possible to report a seller that you only suspect of wrongdoing?

The OP has been advised that there isn’t any further action he/she can take. The sale will not be enforced by eBay once cancelled. The refund has been issued. We will probably never know whether the seller’s explanation to the OP was truthful – but if it was, how distressing to arrive home and discover one has been burgled around Christmas time.

We could briefly head into a speculative absurdity. The OP could, I suppose, drive out to the seller’s address, and – dressed in black and using military-grade night goggles – approach the property in the dead of night to see if the “stolen” item is visible through the garage windows. If there are no windows, they could employ the use of a radio-controlled robot just small enough to flat-pack itself under the garage door.

Mind you, this is purely a thought-experiment, and the OP would not, I’m sure, behave in such a stalking-and-trespass fashion.

But the thread has led into some interesting byways.

Message 81 of 84
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

I'm not sure when you signed up but I was selling back in the early 2000s. Prior to that I was dealing in rare and collectable items since the 80s. I don't sell any more but if I do and I happen to have some used clothing items to sell, I'll be sure to ask you for advice.

And the OP has a valid argument. Sadly they have been treated unfairly by her peers here.

This is actually the thread title :

Is it possible to report a seller that you only suspect of wrongdoing?

The advice given was clear - ' suspect '- well - no.

The OP was given a full refund.

The only ' unfairness ' was the imput of meaningless - no point - colourful posts.

Message 82 of 84
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

I'm not sure when you signed up but I was selling back in the early 2000s. Prior to that I was dealing in rare and collectable items since the 80s. I don't sell any more but if I do and I happen to have some used clothing items to sell, I'll be sure to ask you for advice.

And the OP has a valid argument. Sadly they have been treated unfairly by her peers here.

And further - given the thread title - this is what it turns into - talk about - moi.

Message 83 of 84
Latest reply

Hi All

Once again this thread has veered well away from the original question and devolved into who has the biggest memory bank.

As the original question has been answered, and the OP not returned for over 2 days, the thread is now locked.  Should the OP request a moderator to reopen the thread via PM, we will be happy to oblige.

eBay Moderation Team

Message 84 of 84
Latest reply