It sure is hard to get actual help here, can ANYONE help me please?

tactual
Community Member

I bought an item from a seller and paid, they sent an enail saying sorry it's out of stock and that they don't know how to cancel it can I do it and obviously as the buyer I cannot. What do I do here? I paid an unexperienced person for an item, they don't have the item and want to cancel the transaction. Please for the love of god can anyone walk me through what to do here? I am getting no help at all and I'm getting very stressed out I paid them a lot of money and I want a refund ASAP.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Message your seller with the following...
Go to My eBay > Sold and locate the item.
In the More actions drop-down menu, select Cancel this order.
Choose a reason for the cancellation and follow the on-screen instructions.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

That is a bit harsh to say รt is hard to get actual help here".  The boards are not read or responded to by ebay staff.  The responders on the boards are members like yourself who offer their advice with no gain to themselves.  Not everyone is on the computer 24/7. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@tactual wrote:

I bought an item from a seller and paid, they sent an enail saying sorry it's out of stock and that they don't know how to cancel it can I do it and obviously as the buyer I cannot. What do I do here? I paid an unexperienced person for an item, they don't have the item and want to cancel the transaction. Please for the love of god can anyone walk me through what to do here? I am getting no help at all and I'm getting very stressed out I paid them a lot of money and I want a refund ASAP.

If the seller wont cancel the transaction, you will need to open an "item not recieved" case in the resolution centre. Make a note that the seller claims to be out of stock. The seller will have four days to respond. Once the four days is up ask ebay to step in and resolve the issue. You should recieve your money back.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

A paypal dispute is the best way to go for and Item Not Received dispute.

Ebay is better for a Not As Described dispute.

OP, maybe you should go back to your query in the Answer Centre.....you have an answer there.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

If they can't figure out how to cancel it (as described above), tell the seller they can sign into their paypal account and go to your payment, then just click on refund.  They won't get their ebay fees back but that's not your problem.  

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply