Item Location - changing default to Australia Only - Possible?

Is is possible to change the default search location to Australia Only? I am sick of having to change it everyday and I don't want to have to set up saved searches for every single thing that I might possibly want to search for.

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Item Location - changing default to Australia Only - Possible?

@sashabub wrote:

@thenordicbear wrote:
Also add a bookmark to the specific ebay site.
Example: eBay.com.au for Australia

This does not resolve the issue at all.

I've always used Ebay Australia and every single time I do a search it's always Chinese junk that shows up first, regardless.

The only way I can change that is by clicking on the left side panel "Australia only" every single time I search for something.

We should not have to do that. What's the use of shopping Ebay Australia if we get the exact same searches regardless?

I am so sick and tired of Ebay always giving cheap and **bleep**py Chinese options first, pages and pages of darn rubbish.

You can save recurring searches as bookmarks with desired search criteria pre-applied.

If you search for something, then refine the search options (e.g. click the "Australia only" box, order it by low-to-high price etc.), then wait for eBay to display the results, when you bookmark that link the options you selected are saved with it.

When you want to perform that particular search again, just use that bookmark. If you want to search for a different item, but still use the criteria, use the bookmark, and just type in the new search term (e.g. "footy boots") and the "Australia only", price low-to-high criteria are preserved.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 31 of 38
Latest reply

pmarsk
Community Member
December 2020 and still waiting. It would be a simple update for them as the filter is already there/coded... so basically eBay have made the decision in their wisdom that they want to herd us to purchase USA and China goods and would rather enforce that decision than improve their platform. ... off to Gumtree and other local options.
Message 32 of 38
Latest reply

What are you getting kudos for? The only thing using the AU ebay site does is allow for you to select AU only once you've searched.
This thread is about a setting to make it default to AU only sellers, without having to click the filter every damn time.

@thenordicbear wrote:

ANSWER: 

1. Click on G'day "YourName" drop down button on top left corner.

2. Go into 'Account Settings'.

3. Scroll to the bottom and change "eBay Sites" to your prefered country. 

4. Carry on with happy life and let the cudos rain.

Message 33 of 38
Latest reply

@ryano_123 wrote:

What are you getting kudos for? The only thing using the AU ebay site does is allow for you to select AU only once you've searched.
This thread is about a setting to make it default to AU only sellers, without having to click the filter every damn time.

@thenordicbear wrote:

ANSWER: 

1. Click on G'day "YourName" drop down button on top left corner.

2. Go into 'Account Settings'.

3. Scroll to the bottom and change "eBay Sites" to your prefered country. 

4. Carry on with happy life and let the cudos rain.

And get any seller in any country who lists on eBay Australia.

Please at least ascertain the facts before you post.

Message 34 of 38
Latest reply

No, you will have to change every time, I just did it. The screen flashed and I was hopeful but disapointed again. !!!! still had US and British items listed even though I chose within 75 Km of my location

Message 35 of 38
Latest reply

No, Ebay don't give a stuff for anything except $$$$$$$$$

Message 36 of 38
Latest reply

Very much doubt the person you are replying to is going to read your reply over 8 years later

Message 37 of 38
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 38 of 38
Latest reply