Item got lost during transition to Global Shipping Center

I'm buyer from Australia, recently purchased an item from UK seller, who sent the parcel from France to UK Global Shipping Center while she was on holiday in France. 

According to the tracking number she provided, item has been delivered to GSP, Pitney Bowes warehouse on 24th Apr 2019. 
However within 5 days, GSP/Pitney Bowes did not take any actions. So sent an email to Pitney Bowes's GSP support, they claimed they haven't received it in their wearhouse. It has been a week since the delivery so I'm 100 percent the packgage got lost. But this kind of International parcel normally required signature, successful delivery meant someone must have signed and accepted the package.
Neither me nor seller is at fault, I feel very little chance getting my money back from eBay.
Does anyone here share the same experience?
Message 1 of 155
Latest reply
154 REPLIES 154

Re: Item got lost during transition to Global Shipping Center

@jumpman23_cs wrote:
Really appreciated that.
By the way sincere sorry to everyone on board.
You're all been very helpful.
I am just a bit overreacted and anxious.

Hi jumpman23, look, where Pitney Bowes and the Global Shipping is concerned, it's understandable that you be anxious. Not only are people paying more than they would for shipping on most items when compared to USPS and the equiv in the UK, there is the risk of damage. I can testify to that. There is the risk of  theft when the items are repacked in many cases,and there is the risk of confliscation. Items such as motorbike parts, electric guitar, swords have been confliscated. Even heard of a taken item being re-sold on a PB related site. 

Once upon a time, we'd buy and pay for an item from a seller in the US. They'd take it down to their PO and then it would arrive at the destination here in Australia. We could even have multiple items from same seller and often post was the same as it was for one or a fewbucks more. The Pitney Bowes came in to the picture where it wasn't needed and wasn't wanted by most people. Now the hassles and the disappointments and the stresses are a many. People are paying through the nose for a service that's considered substandard.

You ...  were  ....  quitre  ..... right  ....  to  ......  be  ..... anxious. 

It's understandable!

Message 91 of 155
Latest reply

Thanks for your explanation.
I have already reported to eBay, they will step in this weekend.
Message 92 of 155
Latest reply

Who are you speaking to?

Message 93 of 155
Latest reply

Who cares?

Message 94 of 155
Latest reply

Smiley Surprised

Message 95 of 155
Latest reply

OP panicked early.

Wouldn't listen or take direction.

Self fulfilling prophecy.

Related image

Message 96 of 155
Latest reply

?????
What did you mean direction???? Waiting patiently without disturbing any courier's customer service?
Message 97 of 155
Latest reply

Yes.  Waiting patiently was all you should have done.

You managed to get people offside on this thread.

Maybe you did the same to PB staff.      Who knows?

Message 98 of 155
Latest reply

Maybe the seller as well, she was not much of communicator anyway.
Message 99 of 155
Latest reply

Oh c'mon.......the seller is not to blame in any of this.   The item was sent and is in the system.

Once it is in the PB system the seller has not control over it and is unable to get any information.

Message 100 of 155
Latest reply