Item hasn't arrived, contacted seller and they have out of office till 13 January 2024 reply.

evehor97
Community Member

I purchased a set of chair covers and they haven't left the location and it was promised by today. 18 Sept 2023.

I contacted the seller and they have an out of office reply saying they are not available till 13 January 2024.  How do I cancel the order.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Item hasn't arrived, contacted seller and they have out of office till 13 January 2024 reply.

The buyer cannot cancel

Where was the item coming from?

How was it 'promised' ?

Do you mean the estimated delivery date (a guess inserted by eBay) ?

Are you saying you checked the tracking and there are no updates since buying?

Best thing to do is open an item not received dispute 

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Just to add, did you send them a message via eBay messages or to an email address?

There is nothing on their page about them being away 

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

if it has passed the EDD open an INR case.  simples

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

@evehor97 wrote:

I purchased a set of chair covers and they haven't left the location and it was promised by today. 18 Sept 2023.

I contacted the seller and they have an out of office reply saying they are not available till 13 January 2024.  How do I cancel the order.

Leaving negative feedback is not the way to resolve this.

Please, please read & use the eBay Money Guarantee clearly displayed on the listing.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

How to report an item that hasn't arrived through My eBay

1. Go to your Purchases and find the item.
  2. Select More actions beside the item and then I didn't receive it.
  3. Check the box beside I'd like a refund or I'd still like the item.
  4. Enter any additional information.
  5. Select Send request.

Getting help with an item that hasn't arrived | eBay

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

@evehor97 wrote:

Leaving negative feedback is not the way to resolve this.

Please, please read & use the eBay Money Guarantee clearly displayed on the listing.

Wow,  they are a bit quick of the mark to leave that feedback, even their own comment says its not due till today,  last I checked there are still 10 hours left of the day.

It's bad buyers like this that need to be weeded out,

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Especially when today is based on eBay's best guess in a fantasy world

I'm waiting on two items coming from two different places that are due to arrive today

They're not here yet, I'm not about go leave the website/delivery company a neg review though 

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

Especially when today is based on eBay's best guess in a fantasy world

I'm waiting on two items coming from two different places that are due to arrive today

They're not here yet, I'm not about go leave the website/delivery company a neg review though 

Did you read the neutral they also left,, ''not sure if this was delivered or not. ''

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

And - 88.9% FB - LOL

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply