Item location False

Ok, i admit, I should of known better especially in this current covid-19 situation, but I purchased an art & craft item a few weeks back now for my daughter to complete while we were self isolating.  The item was "supposedly" in Australia, something I was specifically wanting at the time for obvious reasons. I did notice the estimated delivery date was more lengthy than normal, but thought that due to Australia Post at the time of purchase already experiencing delays here, that the sellers was just covering their own interests by giving a generous delivery date. The item wasn't cheap (compared to if I was to purchase a simialr item that acutally stated it was coming from China) & the postage amount was inline with Austrlai Post rates, so again, I thought I was safe in assuming it WAS actually coming from the stated QLD location. Now the estimated delivery time has passed and when I enquired with the seller, they inform me it will be delayed as coming from China and there is a delay with International postage.....and to be patient.

So apart from leaving appropriate feedback if/when my item arrives (which will no doubt be removed as they won't want negative comments) is there anything else I can do? I am best to contact Ebay as well to inform them, or is it a case of so many sellers do the same thing they don't or can't care?  Do I open an "item not received case" now or wait a bit longer?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Item location False

I purchased pressure switches from China, the instructions came in Chinese, this is Australia

I asked for an English instruction manual, they ststed it was.The only English was the numbers.

I asked for a case from EBay they decided that the supplier did not have a case to answer.

Ebay is racist and only agrees with china Australia is English speaking we do not ready chinese scrible

I am very dissapointed with the actions of Ebay

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Asia dumping their rubbish in our country no warranty and we are unable to return it when it does not work.EBay does not support us as purchasers only china sellers what a mess Ebay is

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

As I might have already mentioned on your thread on the wrong board, buy cheap get cheap.

Warranties only work with REGISTERED AUSTRALIAN businesses.

And this relates to my post from last year, how? Except to reinforce that YOU should be doing some level of due diligence.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

The answer is simple.

Don't buy from a Chinese seller.

A quick look at their feedback page will show where they are registered. 

And how many negatives they have received.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply