Item purchased back in Mid december 2022 gone missing in transit - ebay refuse to refund

I am utterly appalled...Ive had items go missing in the past and opened a case and ebay have stepped up.

But this time they have not....they say the item is still in transit not lost...given it is now the 20th Jan 2023....there has not bee one tracking  updated since the 18th December...how is this acceptable. I want my money back!

I raised a case through ebay chat and they said after 4 days I can request my money back and Ebay would refund the money no questions asked....now its 4 days later and they say no its still in transit for goodness sake.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Item purchased back in Mid december 2022 gone missing in transit - ebay refuse to refund

You need to open an official item not received dispute, if it's less than 30 days since the last ETA. There should be an option in the dropdown at the right of your item in your purchase history to "report a problem" ( or something to that effect). Keep an eye on the dispute and as soon as the option appears to ask ebay to step in and help, do it. If you ignore the dispute it will time out and there will be nothing you can do about it.

No point talking to ebay, or the seller. Open the dispute and follow through with it.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I dont know how you raised a case through Ebay chat.  They have no idea and only answer ?? from a sheet in front of them.  There is a protocol to be followed if you didn't  that is up to you.  You have been on ebay a long time and surprised you are not aware how to open a dispute and follow it through.

As S & D says the ball is always in your court, nobody can do it for you

Where was item coming from? 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Lots of delays/backlogs Australia wide, due to numerous weather related events.

Ebay extends cases, in these circumstances.  In transit does not equate to lost.

So if CS opened a INR case for you, the case would normally be closed in 4 days as per CS rep.

If the case has been extended, that does not equate to ebay refusing to refund!

Note:  The item was sent with tracking and has 1 valid tracking event, so as long as the seller complied

with their handling time, it is ebay who will be funding the refund and not the seller.  Hence ebay extending cases.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

If a higher up CS looks at a case like they did with mine and tells you explcitily that after 4 days you would definitely be receiving a refund then I think anyone would be miffed to have another CS after that 4 days  then say otherwise, the chat is is explicit.  

Sequence of events,

CS1 escalated me to a higher CS whilst on Ebay Chat.  told me that after they raised a case, that after the  4 days  I would definitely be receiving a refund given the case.

Note : Website was not allowing me to raise a case myself for this item for some reason, and yes you can get Ebay Chat to raise a case if you are having problems like this -  daydreams_12 we never stop learning.

A new EBay Chat with CS2 after the 4 days, escalated me to another higher CS again  who said 'you will definitely not be receiving a refund' ...however  a CS3 emailed me hours later out of the blue, apologising 'we reviewed your case'  Seller did not provide proof of shipment - you are getting a refund. EOS.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I am sure the seller will be happy to  know that they have not provided proof of shipment,  when apparently tracking says otherwize.

What is the tracking number

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply