What exactly is this "game* Chinese sellers are playing?

Selling items that they don't have in stock, then refunding, or asking you to repurchase because somehow the original order was mysteriously mixed up? This has happened to me 3 times now recently and I am starting to suspect it is a known? scam of some sort. However, if they refund then not sure what they actually stand to gain from the exercise. All I know is that I'm wasting my time! Can't even leave negative feedback for these Sellers because it's a non-sale. 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

imastawka
Honored Contributor

It's only a non-sale if you haven't paid.

If you have paid and they have refunded, then you can still leave feedback.

A cancelled sale will be able to be viewed if you scroll down to the bottom of your purchase page.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

There are still major shortages/backlogs,  in the manufacturing/supply chain, within  China.  So quite possible sellers are being caught out,  by stock not arriving on schedule,  and/or, sellers relying on manufacturers to ship direct as third party partners.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

...it is also Chinese New Year....they shut down

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Perfect storm pretty much

Certainly no surprise there are 'games'

At least you know now beyond doubt what to expect if you should want to choose to go for number 4 and beyond 

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

No. There is no option to leave feedback once they have cancelled the sale and refunded and the money. 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

*the money.

(not and the money)

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

It's Chinese New Year, which started on the 22nd, and goes on for about 2 weeks.

Many things shut down in preparation beforehand and it will be very hard to get anything during this period.

Not sure what you're looking to purchase, but can you not buy these items from Australian registered sellers, or even from a shop which will at least give you warranty?

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Really? I've had other at least 10 other things sent and received in record time (within days) this month from China. If it's because of the Seller and *they* have shutdown due to New Year, then *they* should not be selling during this period I should think.  

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

If they were ordered and posted prior to the 22nd, then it's just normal business.

Are you sure they came from China though? Many Chinese registered sellers have stock in Australia, so you will get it within a few days. They often have Aus Post labels on the packaging. 

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply