Item returned, but they refuse to refund.

Hi,

I bought a pair of shoes on 21/May. The shoes didn't fit so I asked for a return. I was provided by a ParcellPoint label, a courier that Adidas uses and I returned the shoes on 10/Jun.

Since I was not refunded automatically, I have followed up 4 times by now but every time, the only response I receive is that they'll follow up with their finance and will let me know. It is ridiculous and frustrating how they behave. Is there a way to get Ebay involved?

Cheers,

AB

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

How did you follow it up? By email or phone?

I assume the label they provided you with has a tracking number that can confirm the shoes have been returned successfully?

It is too late for eBay to do anything, but if you paid with PayPal and you have proof that the shoes have been returned successfully, they might/should be able to help.

PS: It says here that refunds are normally processed within 28 days... https://www.adidas.com.au/help/return.html#refund-times

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Too late for an ebay case.

You only have 30 days

If you paid by Paypal, try opening a case for Item not as described there.

You have 180 days for a Paypal case.

In future I would suggest you read a seller's feedback before purchasing - I don't care who they are.

They have a feedback % of 92.6 and over 700 negatives for the year.

For a high sales seller, you should not purchase if their fb is under 98.5%

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

OMG, they really have terrible feedback! I wouldn't have bought from them to be honest. I once won a hoodie and they sent it promptly, so I was happy (I was not sure I would ever get it...), but their eBay fb is really bad...

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Did the shoes not fit because they were smaller than advertised, or because you ordered the wrong size?

If it was the former, you should have opened a case for Not As Described - this makes it "official" that you are seeking a solution. Simply communicating with the seller does not guarantee an outcome in your favour.

If you had opened a case, then the seller still would have provided a shipping label, but this time everything would have been tracked in the open case. One the parcel was delivered back to the seller, Ebay would have processed a refund.

It's because you skipped a step that you are having issues.

As mentioned, open a case in Paypal as you have 180 days.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Well, I guess it just goes to show, even if you buy from a big name seller located in Australia, you're not necessarily going to have a good experience.

I did what others here did and had a look at the feedback. I can see why a person would buy from them as they have a lot of good feedback too but when you look at the negs, there are a few others who also had delays in getting a refund. It's a sort of pattern. If you get the right shoes that do fit (without having your order cancelled, which also seems to be a thing with them) then all will be well, but if by chance there is anything wrong with the order, you'll get the run around and have trouble with any refund.

I think your only chance with ebay was to do as some others did  and get ebay to intervene within the month but as that has passed, I would guess your only solution here is to do as others suggest and try paypal. I'd do it immediately. The company has had months to 'follow up with their finance'. They aren't doing it, they are just fobbing you off. Why not give them a blast on product review too. It will hurt them more there than it will in just ebay feedback.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you all for your advice. 

I have followed up once more by sending a message to the seller on ebay; based on their previous responses though, not expect anything useful.

I also opened a ticket on PayPal resolution Centre and explained the situation. PayPal is expected to get back to me by the 20th.

Will update as soon as they update me.

Cheers,

Adham

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know the outcome.

PayPal ruled in my favour and returned my money.

Thanks again for your advice.

Cheers, AB

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Good outcome.

Thanks for letting us know

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

As imastawka says, that's good to hear.

It's good not only from the point of view of your situation being resolved... but also it helps the members here to know that recommended courses of action do lead to the desired outcome. (Sometimes policies or procedures change, and the community try to stay on top of such changes to avoid giving the wrong advice to others posting here.)

judge(girl)-calling-for-order.gif

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply