Leaving feedback after dispute

Hi Everyone,

I just want to ask some advice on dealing with a seller and leaving feedback.

The back story is I do have some vision problems and I tend to rely a lot on verbal descriptions left by sellers.  I recently bought three dresses, if you can see my purchases they are orange, brown and purple sold by one seller.  Two were described as being in an as new condition and only worn once while the other one was described as being in a very good condition. 

When the parcel arrived at my workplace address I opened the parcel in front of a two work colleagues.  Both commented on the staining that was visible even to me upon looking at the dresses in person and then when I showed them the listings said they could see the staining, that with my vision difficulties had thought were shadows, in the original listing photos. One of the dresses was also described in the listing with an incorrect brand name.  That dress also seemed to have mould like crusted stains on it.

I contacted the seller saying I was a bit disappointed, politely described each dress with the damage as I wanted to talk about returning the dresses even though it meant I’d be out about $12 for the return postage, which I accepted.  This was within 1.5hours of Australia Post saying they had delivered the parcel to my building. I received an answer from the seller telling me I was offensive, not to ever contact them again and that I was abhorrent.  When I replied again and attached the photo she uploaded with the damage visible and mentioned the brand name difference  the seller replied that the dresses were sent in pristine condition and that I must have damaged them and she wanted them back to see how much damage I had done before she would consider if any refund was given.  She stated that the brand name she gave was for a website that she got a different brand name dress on and that it was okay to give the website as the brand name on ebay instead of the brand name on the article of clothing itself. 

I at first lodged a dispute with paypal which I upgraded to a claim as I don’t want to be out the return postage and registered post fee along with the money I paid.  From my understanding if they decide in my favour I will have the money I paid reimbursed to me once I provide proof of return postage and I advised the seller that I have lodged the claim so they could participate in the claim process however I’ve since received messages telling me to seek professional help, that I am a disgrace and a con artist, that my behaviour is disgusting,  I obviously don’t have any intelligence and need to get a grown up to explain things to me, that I am blackmailing her and so on.  I’ve also been told to return the dresses to an address in a different state from the one ebay says they were sent from.

Paypal is now reviewing the case as the seller has not participated in the claim.  If I do get my money refunded I was going to leave neutral feedback because the situation is resolved but should I be giving negative feedback due to the incorrect listing of clothing that is badly stained as being in as new condition and for the nasty emails? Should I be reporting the emails or not? I want to do the right thing, I’ve tried to do the right thing by getting her involved with the claims process, being willing to pay the cost of return postage but some of the emails she has sent me have me rather shaken with the sheer nastiness.    

Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: Abuse - 5 months later....

Feedback percentage minimums are no longer in place in order to qualify for Top Rated status (it used to be at least 98%). 

I think that, and the fact that the defect system is based on total number of transactions rather than quantity of feedback received, provides some insight into where eBay is heading with FB and it's importance and/or relevance. 

True, an "in your face" kind of indication like the percentage, along with comments, will provide some general insight, but the other performance criteria they have introduced looks set to be the main method for determining a seller's "worth", so to speak, while FB is likely to be relegated to 'review' status and little more. 

Possibly maybe. More of a hypothesis. 

Message 41 of 55
Latest reply

You make a very good point, particularly with regard to TRS which is now based only on the number of sales in conjunction with the percentage of defects, although I still believe that 100 sales in a 12 month period is an awfully low requirement to qualify for TRS. That's only an average of around 2 per week which is not only ridiculously easy to attain, but equally as easy to maintain.

However, as far as the Seller Dashboard is concerned, feedback is essentially irrelevant and totally meaningless so from eBay's point of view, it has already become little more than a system of review, but they still need to make a distinction between purchases and sales as far as the overall percentage is concerned, especially now that many sellers' feedback relates to sales only, while others also include purchases, which effectively skews the percentages as far as buyers who are making comparisons are concerned. That's still an obvious flaw which needs to be addressed.
Message 42 of 55
Latest reply

Well just another quick update on the above for any who are interested in the follow up.

I returned the items which left me out of pocket for the return postage but I accepted that from the start.  A lesson learned.  

I folded them, put them in the parcel and advised the seller of the return.  They were delivered this morning and I just received the following email from the seller on ebay.

"I can't for the life of me comprehend what you were carrying on about. My dresses are perfect. That's how I sent them to you and yet you fabricated some story possibly to get money, but it blew up in your face as I don't bow to your sort of **bleep**. My party dress will need a good steaming due to your screwing it up the way you did. You are an ungrateful individual and I never want to deal with you again."

I wonder how long before she relists them.

Message 43 of 55
Latest reply

It will be interesting to see what buyer number 2 has to say and also if the seller lists it with the same wording.

Of course if the next buyer has the same complaint, you will see the seller stating there is something wrong with buyers these days. You watch. It will be everyone else's fault except her own.

Message 44 of 55
Latest reply

Just an update to this.  The seller has started emailing me again.  I thought this was all over and done with.  

How dare you leave negative feedback. You recieved 3 beautiful dresses which you marked and then had the nerve to claim they were faulty. You are a lier and a fraud and I have reported you to ebay. I took them back at my expense. You lied your way all through this process and I find your behaviour dispicable.

Message 45 of 55
Latest reply

And another email.  I've reported it as harassment to ebay but she continues.

I have reported you to Ebay for fraud. You deliberately marked my dresses and then had the cheek to cry foul and demand refunds with abusive messages. So you have been reported and I hope never to have to deal with the likes of you again. You are a lier and a disgraceful excuse for a human being

Message 46 of 55
Latest reply

Good grief, what a nutter!

You won the claim, yes? So you're just out the return postage which you accepted, and then this? Wow.

I'd be tempted to just ignore her and report her msgs to ebay. I'm sure others here will have been through this before and have some more solid advice for you though.

She should be belted off ebay for this.

Message 47 of 55
Latest reply

Yes I won the claim, am just out the return postage but I knew that and had accepted that at the beginning.  Strangest ebayer I have ever dealt with

Message 48 of 55
Latest reply

@lanib12 wrote:

Just an update to this.  The seller has started emailing me again.  I thought this was all over and done with.  

How dare you leave negative feedback. You recieved 3 beautiful dresses which you marked and then had the nerve to claim they were faulty. You are a lier and a fraud and I have reported you to ebay. I took them back at my expense. You lied your way all through this process and I find your behaviour dispicable.

She's definitely a nutter but that doesn't make her any less dangerous if she wants to make an issue of this whole business. I see she's now claiming that you "marked" her dresses before returning them, which is obviously an outrageous lie as she clearly stated the following in an earlier message...

"I can't for the life of me comprehend what you were carrying on about. My dresses are perfect. That's how I sent them to you and yet you fabricated some story possibly to get money, but it blew up in your face as I don't bow to your sort of **bleep**. My party dress will need a good steaming due to your screwing it up the way you did. You are an ungrateful individual and I never want to deal with you again."

Message 49 of 55
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!! Perhaps she is truly mentally challenged and did not take her medication.........

I would ignore all her messages from this point on, I am sure one day (hopefully) it will all pass. 

Message 50 of 55
Latest reply