Lying seller - <Removed> - fake S6

What can one do when a seller promises to cancel a transaction and instead raises an unpaid item case?

<Removed> was selling a "replica model" S6 which many people had been fooled into bidding up. Bidding finished at $450.

The description was very subtle and I only noticed it on second reading just as I was about to pay.

I contacted the seller and had expressed my concern, and we had an understanding.

I was promised by this seller <Removed> that he would cancel my transaction as the item he was selling was a fake, if I gave him positive feedback.

I gave him that positive feedback but after that he raises an unpaid item case.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

well congrats on helping the seller scam more people buy leaving positive feedback. why on earth would you do that?

As much as you feel the need you are not allowed to name and shame on these boards. If would have been much more constructive leaving appropriate feedback.

A moderator will edit or delete your post pretty soon I'm sure.

Edited to add. The listing clearly says it's a replica model

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The description is not at all subtle.....it is very clear if you actually read the whole 22 word description.   Surely that is not too taxing to read.

I doubt that there is anything you can do.....the seller is entitled to get their fees back if the sale is not completed.

As for the feedback.....why would you leave positive feedback without even seeing the item?  It is a recipe for disaster.

And if you had left a negative the seller could probably have it removed anyway as the description clearly states the item is a replica.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

PVillaflores, you need two readings  to see the clearest possible description?

Why should seller bend backwards for your failure to read the listing in the first place?

Many of them were saying here that every time they try to be helpful and accomodate the buyer by cancelling - it's always more throuble than it's worth - especially when most buyers just vanish of the computer and never come back to click on the cancellation to say they agree.

And harley, your response didn't make any sense either - it's like you didn't take the time to read the OP's message properly.

Also, advising all and sundry to leave negs for sellers seems to be your standard advice????

What good a neg would have been here - as it was described correctly and OP just didn't read it.

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

What are you talking about? That feedback wasn't left for that seller, that feedback is for something completely different.

OP - a strike only matters if you get two, so for now one unpaid strike won't affect you.  If you have messages between yourself and the seller that you agreed to cancel the transaction then this might be grounds for ebay to remove the strike but you would have to ring them.

As for the listing, yes it does say in the item description Replica but that is hardly 'all over it'. Seller should have been more upfront in my opinion and put Replica in the title... .but then, oh yeah, he might not have got so much for the auction.  It's not even clear if it's a fully functioning phone, it's one of those listings that encourages buyers to make alot of assumptions with lots of get-outs for the seller.... brings to mind a certain PS4 BOX..... So a bit sneaky IMO...... rhymes with spam.

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

fix and wear perhaps you might like to read my post again..........I don't remember telling or advising anyone to leave negative feedback.

At least I'm not telling people to open item not as described disputes to get money back and keep the item like you hey

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

OP states they gave positive feedback.

I was promised by this seller <Removed> that he would cancel my transaction as the item he was selling was a fake, if I gave him positive feedback.

I gave him that positive feedback but after that he raises an unpaid item case.

Without receiving the item - not clever IMO

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

There is no feedback left by the OP for that seller

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

harley, 

ha, ha, ha, - you didn't get it - did you?

At least I'm not telling people to open item not as described disputes to get money back and keep the item like you hey

You didn't read that either  - or didn't get the context - no use reading just one word or a sentence just because it happens to be convenient at the time.

However, you can translate and understand the context any way you like, I don't really mind , and I can also understand it - as most of my posts are in Swahili

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

Checked.   You're right.    OP telling porkies ?

And yet, look at the thread title

Didn't think we knew how to check?

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply