Oh, dear! China scam seller giving a final fight! What do I do?

Looks like he's found yet another loophole! At the last minute too! People who set up disputes against these china scammers should be on the lookout for his last minute attack!

Story goes like this. I bought a too good to be true item of one of these china scammers. Some memory for a macbook. It was $24.99. I'm sure you've all heard about these scammers right? I was gullible enough to fall for one!

He had till the 23rd of November to respond, and just today, he supplies yet another false tracking number in hopes that PayPal would find him in favour and render my dispute "invalid"

What on earth do I do? I'm almost defenseless! Must I contact PayPal again and explain the situation and how this seller is a scammer? He's one of millions of clone accounts made by the same chinese person who uses them to scam others. The item was in the Cars Bikes and Boats category for crying out loud! Here's a pic for better reference [IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2ps4vph.png[/IMG]

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Oh, dear! China scam seller giving a final fight! What do I do?

@send_me_it wrote:
It's not over yet! I'll contact PayPal one last time and explain the situation. The tracking number he supplied this time is completely different (But still fake). PayPal can check the validity of the numbers, but they'll turn up as fakes. Hopefully then they will give my money back.

If, for whatever reason, Paypal ultimately find in favour of the seller, all is not lost; not by a long shot. Inform Paypal that unless they reverse their decision forthwith, you will be lodging a complaint with the Financial Ombudsmans Service at https://forms.fos.org.au/OnlineDispute and if they still refuse, then log on to the FOS and do exactly that.

Given that every time a complaint is lodged with the FOS against Paypal, a substantial fee is levied, something in the order of $1500 I understand, so in most cases it's in Paypal's best interests to simply roll over and settle your dispute, especially if the amount involved is a hell of a lot less than the $1500 that the FOS is going to hit them with. I suggest you go ahead and ring them again as you have absolutely nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I would & ask to speak to a Superivor and tell the the whole story. False tracking # & all.  Sounds like a real player.  have you an item # so we can check out the seller ?

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Well, I've gotta say for crying out loud.

What are you doing buying chinese memory for a macbook in cars, bikes and boats for?????

Surely it wouldn't have looked right to begin with and I am guessing feedback doesn't look good either?

Lesson learnt I guess, don't buy from China. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Unfortunately, no. He was banned off ebay which was yet another part of his exploit to make it harder for people to set up disputes.

kopenhagen5, As I was saying earlier, I was gullible enough to fall for his scam. He had over 130 feedbacks and almost all of them were positive. He seemed very legitimate at first.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Sounds like it's a waste of time then. No use crying over spilt milk, so to speak. Never buy that stuff from China again, I would suggest.

Ps. I just wish ebay would do something about this caper. You read about it all the time. 😞

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Yes, I know it's difficult to gauge over the internet.

And you are not alone. Buying over the net requires some experience as you don't see the item like in a real store.

I am glad it was only a small purchase, but my point was look at everything carefully, it only takes a few minutes, before you commit to buy. And if in doubt, DON'T. 

If you want to buy something and you are not sure, come here and ask before as many members are more than prepared to give you tips. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

It's not over yet! I'll contact PayPal one last time and explain the situation. The tracking number he supplied this time is completely different (But still fake). PayPal can check the validity of the numbers, but they'll turn up as fakes. Hopefully then they will give my money back.
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

So did you have any luck contacting the bank i told you about??
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Not at the moment, but I'll give it a shot if scampal somehow finds this c*** in favor.

Excuse me for the language, I'm just really, really mad and I'll be absolutely furious if PayPal lets this scammer win.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Well, I've gotta say for crying out loud.

What are you doing buying chinese memory for a macbook in cars, bikes and boats for?????

Surely it wouldn't have looked right to begin with and I am guessing feedback doesn't look good either?

Lesson learnt I guess, don't buy from China. Smiley Wink

If you searched for 8gb Macbook Ram (or any other item) from the eBay landing page, & if you didnt already know to watch for it, would you notice or even think to check what categories they're in? Even if you would, how many other less experienced ebayers do you think might?

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply