Ordered October 2022 and did not receive items!

sarlil1
Community Member

I ordered $200 of kids toy safes in October 2022 for grandkids Xmas presents. I have never received. I have messaged the seller so many times and they keep saying they will resend and don't. They have said they would refund and haven't. I raised a case with Ebay and they said there was no buyer protection for this order. This is so terrible and it has put me off ever buying on Ebay again. The seller is in China as well. I might buy from Australian sellers but never from and overseas one again. It literally has made me cry.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Of course the seller had no intention of sending you another item(s) or refunding you

Did you open a dispute within the time limit AND follow through with it?

What were the 'kids toy safes' listed under not to have buyer protection?  (certainly not 'toys') 

Avoiding buying from dodgy sellers in China should be a given

96.8% is horrid 

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I assume there is no buyers protection, as you are way outside the time frame for any such claim to be made.

Depending on when in October you made the purchase, you may still be just in time to make a claim under paypal, 180 days, if that is how you paid.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Check the purchase date carefully.

If you paid with Paypal you have 180 days (6 months to claim Item Not Received).

If under 6 months then open a claim IMMEDIATELY in Paypal.  Do not delay.

Item was listed under Home Security - safes. ........don't know why that's not covered by MBG

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

@sarlil1 wrote:

I ordered $200 of kids toy safes in October 2022 for grandkids Xmas presents. I have never received. I have messaged the seller  so many times and they keep saying they will resend and don't. They have said they would refund and haven't. I raised a case with Ebay and they said there was no buyer protection for this order. This is so terrible and it has put me off ever buying on Ebay again. The seller is in China as well. I might buy from Australian sellers but never from and overseas one again. It literally has made me cry.

If only eBay had an easy to find & easy to use Money Back Guarantee for grandparents like us...

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

I assume there is no buyers protection, as you are way outside the time frame for any such claim to be made.

Depending on when in October you made the purchase, you may still be just in time to make a claim under paypal, 180 days, if that is how you paid.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

My assumption too while reading the OP's post. Too late for eBay, and not much time left for PayPal, if any at all.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

You should have been given a tracking number for SpeedPak Economy by the way... What does the tracking say?

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Tracking not available now. Previously it had said it was in Shanghai and never went any further.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

I didn't pay with Paypal and yes was told by Ebay no buyers protection. 

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks for advice , however I didn't pay with Paypal. 

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply