Ordered October 2022 and did not receive items!

sarlil1
Community Member

I ordered $200 of kids toy safes in October 2022 for grandkids Xmas presents. I have never received. I have messaged the seller so many times and they keep saying they will resend and don't. They have said they would refund and haven't. I raised a case with Ebay and they said there was no buyer protection for this order. This is so terrible and it has put me off ever buying on Ebay again. The seller is in China as well. I might buy from Australian sellers but never from and overseas one again. It literally has made me cry.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Thanks I didn't know what the time frame was for not having buyer protection, never had an issue before. I was liaising with the seller and they said would send again in January but did not turn up. Then said they would give me a refund and didn't. Then I raised case with Ebay and they said they would send again but haven't. I think you are correct will have to avoid dodgy sellers. If Ebay don't give me protection I would have thought that they would at least ban the seller but they haven't.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

eBay do give you, and every other buyer protection

As has already been said, within the time limits

And if the tools are not used within the time limits, eBay do not know the sellers are dodgy

Nor will they ban dodgy sellers when buyers continue to choose to buy from them

It is so easy to look at the feedback and hit the back button if there are more red neg feedbacks than you could poke a stick at

Check feedback before buying

Don't message back and forth with a seller who is playing games

Use the tools you are given if things do go wrong

Don't just 'take a chance and see what happens'

Buyers have all the power

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Don't blame Ebay for not banning sellers,  you played the sellers game,  Ebay don't know that you were playing games with the seller, it's a 2 way street,  you need to know the rules, the same applies for any online selling platform.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply