Prohibited Information.

I've been an ebay member since the 1990's.

I've seen many changes in ebay policy in that time...changes mostly for the benefit of the firm, not too many for the buyers & sellers.

The opening of these info forums could basically be a good idea, if you were allowed to name & shame crooked sellers & buyers, or show the item numbers to which you are referring, however, I've found this is not allowed.  Legal reasons I guess.

As I'm recently retired & have lots of time on my hands nowadays, I've been following these boards quite a bit in the past few months. 

By having these forums, the main purpose by ebay management appears to be to get members to answer questions that should be referred to ebay to respond to &/or clarify. Must save the boss a lot of staff = more money for management. 

Most requests for info appear to be answered by the same group of people, who have an astounding knowledge of the rules & regulations applicable to buying & selling, I've never delved into that side of things, I'm interested only in staying within the law. I note there is a moderator who never appears to buy or sell anything, so I assume they are employed by ebay. (I did ask them that question, but never received a yes or no).

It's a shame that what started out as a great avenue for buying & selling, has just become a cash cow for those in control.

Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: Prohibited Information.

You can actually see the summary of items purchased and the number of positives (and neutrals and negativs if the account has ever been used for selling)

Message 51 of 55
Latest reply

So I'm okay? I sell some things on this ID so the feedback isn't private.

I contend that people should be looking at the advice/facts presented, not who the poster of it is. And whether or not their feedback is private. I certainly would never post on this board with my main selling ID. if I ever get PS on this one, I'll use it on the PS board too. Watch the consternation then.

Regardless, I am still the same person, with the same experience, no matter which ID I choose to post with.

Message 52 of 55
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

I have for several years advocated for more respectful responses to newbie posters when the opporunity arises in the discussion.

I will continue to do so ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Does that mean that anything goes when it comes to the regular posters on the boards?

Your responses to posts and posters in the last few days indicates that it does.

Message 53 of 55
Latest reply

@wan303win wrote:

Well! I came to these boards thinking there may be some interesting discussions relevent to the earlier days & aims of ebay, which I was a part of. However I find these pages are mainly being used as a source of instruction to other members which I have no interest in, as I no longer deal much on ebay. The fact that ebay no longer rule these boards, to me, makes the entire forum irrelevant.

I have another life outside ebay, & there are hundreds of discussion boards on the 'net, so I'll take my leave from this forum and move on. (Is that a sigh of relief I hear?)

Merry Christmas to all...and to all...a goodnight.

Where I come from, when someone wants a discussion relevant to their topic, they A) engage with the people who post replies that were on-topic, in order to further the discussion, and B)  don't leave the topic by the wayside in favour of provoking the discussion towards completely unrelated topics (I am referring to the private feedback issue, which was raised by your good self). 

I'm not surprised you find the forum irrelevant, though, all things considered. 

Good luck with your endeavours at other forums. 

Message 54 of 55
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

Digi is impeccable and has a vast knowledge base that she's always willing to share freely,(plus she is IMHO the

friendliest female poster around),give_rose.gif

oh stop it you

Thank, as always, for your very kind words. 

take hat off

Message 55 of 55
Latest reply