REMOVED

I'd like to let everyone know how unreliable the REMOVED is.  10 Mar, 20 I paid for 48V Phantom Power Supply.

(Order status: Paid. Paid AU $ 7.49 on 10 Mar, 2020 15:28 AEDST Estimated delivery: Mon. 23 Mar. - Mon. 4 May. Order number)

To this day, after repeated assurances by the REMOVED that the purchased item is on its way to me, I have not received anything.

I warn everyone against buying anything from the REMOVED.  Recently, this company has even stopped responding to my email.

This is a very, very unreliable company !!!

Bogdan 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

REMOVED

if you had used the tools eBay make available to you, you would have had your money refunded.

It is against board policy to name and shame, so a moderator will be along shortly to remove reference to the seller. As such, it was a pointless exercise posting your 'warning'.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

REMOVED

A further point - the seller is in Singapore and dropshipping from China.

Why would you buy an electrical item from overseas that isn't certified to Australian standards? For $7.49 did you really expect the power supply to work? it would have more likely blown up and burnt your house down.

I suggest you read up on how online purchasing works, do your due diligence BEFORE buying and don't expect something for nothing (or very little). You probably dodged a bullet.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

REMOVED

My thoughts exactly

I am sure the neighbours would be far from impressed if such a piece of garbage took their house with it

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

REMOVED

It may be pointless, but the REMOVED has been misleading me for so long that I'm very angry.
B.K.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

REMOVED

You're not permitted to name and shame on these boards; that is part of the community guidelines.

You should read through the Community Content Policy, and the Community Rules of Engagement. In particular:

No naming and shaming. We will not tolerate posting member details or listing information for the purpose of shaming another member.  Additionally, a members’ ID or contact information may not be published.  Any posts containing such information will be edited or removed.  More information regarding eBay’s guidelines about appropriate content can be found in both our Profanity policy and our Member-to-Member contact policy.❞

No doubt a moderator will be along shortly to remove the identifying information from your post.

In future, you should open a refund request under eBay's Money Back Guarantee if you don't receive an ordered item. However, it's also worth your bearing in mind that the COVID-19 pandemic has major global impacts, resulting in deaths, overwhelmed health systems, closed borders, and shipping disruptions. That might just have something to do with the delay.

EDIT: And... if this is all about a cheap power supply made without any regard for Australian standards, I'm dumbfounded.

Undoubtedly this is a cheaply-made unbranded power supply, produced in a Chinese factory of the cheapest possible raw materials, which means that the components are unlikely to be fit for purpose and the stated capacity etc is likely to be grossly overstated.

It will have no warranty.

Because of its cheapest possible components, it won't meet Australian safety standards. From a previous answer that I'd made in the Answer Centre:

❝You are taking an enormous risk in buying electronic parts and gear from Singapore/Hong Kong / China. The goods are highly unlikely to be made to Australian safety standards. Do the items that you're buying have EESS Conformity Certification (CCS)? I suspect not. It's one thing to buy grey goods / parallel imports to save some money (at the risk of possibly having no enforceable warranty), but it's far worse when one buys electric/electronic goods made in the cheapest possible way in factories in China where there isn't any standard comparable to the Australian safety standards, and neither is there any responsibility for the safety of the persons who end up using those goods.

If something goes wrong, you could damage or destroy other (more expensive) goods, damage/destroy your house, injure/kill other people in the vicinity, and suffer injury or loss of life yourself.

If the cause of a fire or other catastrophic event is determined to be electric/electronic goods that you've bought from China, and those goods are shown in the investigation not to meet Australian safety standards, there won't be any insurance cover, either.

Of course, it's your decision whether or not you wish to continue buying computer parts and adapters and cables and the Lord only knows what else from China / Hong Kong. Perhaps it's being "penny wise pound foolish", though; it's certainly an actual risk. I would not put the lives of the people I love in such danger, for the sake of a few dollars.

There are regulations that apply to the supply of electrical equipment and appliances. The requirements set out in the regulations must be followed. A failure to do so is a criminal offence.

Regulations and Standards apply to all electrical equipment sold or offered for supply in Australia.    Certain types of equipment are classified as prescribed. These pieces of equipment must go through a certification process which ensures the equipment is compliant to the relevant safety standards before being offered for supply in Australia.

Regulatory Compliance Mark (RCM)

Prescribed electrical products must have an RCM on the appliance or an Australian approval number to show that the product has been certified.
This mark is currently recognised by all States and Territories of Australia.

Regulatory Compliance Mark

See this post for the issues that are almost certainly going to be involved in buying this phone from a Chinese seller.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

REMOVED

@bogdakrajewsk0 wrote:

It may be pointless, but the REMOVED has been misleading me for so long that I'm very angry.
B.K.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

REMOVED

Assuming you paid by PayPal, go into your PayPal account and open a dispute for Item Not Received. As soon as it will allow, escalate it to a claim to get your money back. You have 180 days from the purchase date to open a dispute in PayPal. It will time out after 20 days, so make sure you escalate it as soon as you can.

In future, don't buy electrical stuff from Asia, for the reasons mention by others here. You have probably just saved your family a disaster by it not arriving.

Also in future, don't wait so long. Asian sellers are reknown for stringing things out to avoid refunding. If an item hasn't arrived 2 weeks after the last ETA, open a dispute through eBay. Asian sellers will tell you that you need to close the dispute before they can issue a refund. That is false. Never close a dispute until you have resolution. Also don't accept an offer of resending the item. It is a delay tactic.

Now, go buy a lottery ticket, because you really have dodged a bullet.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

REMOVED

@bogdakrajewsk0 wrote:

bogdakrajewsk0
(2)
View Listings
Community Member
REMOVED [ Edited ]
Options

9 hours ago - last edited 7 hours ago by Moderator gewens

I'd like to let everyone know how unreliable the REMOVED is. 10 Mar, 20 I paid for 48V Phantom Power Supply.

(Order status: Paid. Paid AU $ 7.49 on 10 Mar, 2020 15:28 AEDST Estimated delivery: Mon. 23 Mar. - Mon. 4 May. Order number)

To this day, after repeated assurances by the REMOVED that the purchased item is on its way to me, I have not received anything.

I warn everyone against buying anything from the REMOVED. Recently, this company has even stopped responding to my email.

This is a very, very unreliable company !!!

Hi there bogdakarjews0, I'm sorry to hear of your issue. That's a long time to wait. It could be slackness on the part of the seller or the slowness due to the Corona virus, or a combination of both. But nearly 4 months seems excessive and yeah, I can understand your questioning if the seller is being straight with you or not.

I had a parcel come from the US and it took nearly 2 months. I wanted to reward the seller with positive feedback and I was just able to do so with the few days left.   Prior to March 2008, the TTLFB (Time to leave feedback) was 3 months but after that date, it was reduced to 2 months which is not enough! Not enough especially now with the world in turmoil. But that (TTLFB) all goes out the door when buyers are experiencing what you are with the 4th month approaching.. Best you can do is put in a PayPal claim. I think it has already been suggested here.

Yes, things in the world may never be the same and post services are one of them.

Good luck, I hope things work out for you and please give us an update if it arrives.

Cheers.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

REMOVED

Once again you are conflating feedback time with anything you can twist to make it seem relevant.

Which it isn't.

What is relevant is that the OP didn't avail themselves of eBay's MBG and got stung for $7.49 for an item which, by definition, wouldn't have been fit for purpose.

4 months is a long time to wait. More than your fanciful 90 days, in fact.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply