Redemption Code Invalid?

I attempted to purchase an item and apply a 24-hour redemption code offer for a $10 discount on my next order.  When I attempted to validate the coupon, I received a message saying "The redemption code can't be used for your purchase. This redemption code is linked to another eBay account".

I do have two accounts - one with eBay Australia, and one with eBay US.  The discount coupon works with neither, although they're linked.  I emailed eBay before the coupon expiry time, but they never responded.  Apparently I've now lost the ability to apply the code because it's obviously expired by now.

So... due to eBay's inability to respond in due time, I'm now effectively paying $10 more for my purchase.  If eBay won't honour the proposed discount coupon, then there's really no point in emailing people with what amounts to a bogus offer - presumably to encourage people to buy something they may not have previously considered.  To make matters worse, eBay has totally ignored my predicament, and not even acknowledged having received my enquiry.  Not good enough eBay!

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Redemption Code Invalid & eBay Doesn't Care?

Brief followup.....

Never heard back from eBay re this issue.  Honoured contract with seller by paying full asking price.

Has anybody else here ever successfully applied a discount coupon code, or is this simply a "bait and switch" tactic used by eBay?  And does eBay normally ignore buyer emails, or did mine just slip through the cracks?  It's also obvious that the eBay mods never read any of these comments.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply