Refund

In August 2022 I paid for a Foldable non slip 4 step ladder and they canceled the order. They asked me if i wanted to wait for another ladder or have a refund and I asked for the refund. The ladder and postage came to $202.91. Surprise surprise I haven’t heard from them again, nothing. I have contacted them numerous times asking for the refund or at least for them to send the ladder but still nothing.

I have gone through customer support and they have done nothing either. Does anyone know how I can actually talk to someone from Ebay to try and sort this out. 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Refund

You've been on Ebay for 20 years and should know better.

WHY DIDN'T YOU OPEN A DISPUTE FOR ITEM NOT RECEIVED?

You only have yourself to blame. Of course customer support cannot help you - you're the one in control of whether or not you hold the seller to account. If you don't open a dispute within the set timeframe, it's your loss.

If you can still do so from your transaction, open it now. If you cannot and if you paid via PP, open it there.

Otherwise do a chargeback.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Talking to unhelpful sellers is useless. If a seller does not help, it is essential to stop communication with them and open a case before it is too late.

If you used PayPal to pay, you might still be able to get your money back if you open a dispute in PayPal.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

You've been on Ebay for 20 years and should know better.

WHY DIDN'T YOU OPEN A DISPUTE FOR ITEM NOT RECEIVED?

You only have yourself to blame. Of course customer support cannot help you - you're the one in control of whether or not you hold the seller to account. If you don't open a dispute within the set timeframe, it's your loss.

If you can still do so from your transaction, open it now. If you cannot and if you paid via PP, open it there.

Otherwise do a chargeback.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Talking to unhelpful sellers is useless. If a seller does not help, it is essential to stop communication with them and open a case before it is too late.

If you used PayPal to pay, you might still be able to get your money back if you open a dispute in PayPal.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

I have gone through customer support and they have done nothing either. Does anyone know how I can actually talk to someone from Ebay to try and sort this out. 

You have left it for 3 months! Ebay won't be sorting it out.

You did the right thing at least asking for a refund (as you've seen, there would not have been a ladder forthcoming).

But if any seller doesn't refund within about 48 hours, it is time to go direct to ebay and open an item not received. You have to do this well within the month. You don't need to chat to the seller about it, you can open a claim independently. There is a drop down menu I think, next to your purchase details.

Obviously you are too late. Ebay won't help you now.

As others said, you can claim via paypal if you paid that way. You have 180 days. If so, open a claim now and don't just sit back, monitor it and close the claim asap. The seller gets a chance to respond. Do NOT close the claim though till you have the refund, no matter what the seller might say.

If you paid another way, you may be able to do a bank chargeback. You'll need to get moving. Don't procrastinate.

And remember for next time-if the goods aren't right or don't arrive, make a claim within 30 days.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Oh for heavens sake - one can go to the closest Hardware store - purchase a 4 step ladder - take it home.

More than likely cheaper.

WTAF.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

At least you get to see what you are buying. There are a lot of things that ebay is good for & times I have really appreciated being able to find just what I want in the way of used items, books etc.

But expensive homeware items I like to shop for in person.

I do realise not everyone lives close to shops but in that case, it is really important that if they are going to use ebay regularly for bigger ticket items, that they read up on the terms and conditions so they can swing into action if something does happen to go wrong.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I did open a dispute 3 times and seller never communicated in any way and eBay kept closing the dispute. I don’t know what else I can do. Do you 

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

If you open a dispute and the seller does not respond, after a few days you can ask eBay to step in. If you don't, they assume you have solved your problem and close the case after (I think) a month.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

As I said above I opened a dispute with eBay 3 times and they did nothing just kept closing them after a month saying there was no communication. I used afterpay. See if they can help

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I thought you can only open a dispute once...

Anyway, what I meant is that after a dispute is opened, they give the seller a few days to reply, and if after these few days the seller does not reply, you have to actively ask eBay to step in. They usually hope that - after a dispute is opened - a seller replies and that seller and buyer can find a solution because it is less work for them. But they don't automatically look at disputes. First the dispute is between buyers and sellers, and only if a solution cannot be reached will eBay look at the case, but you have to ask them. The link to ask them appears after 3-4 days (the time they first give the seller to respond).

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply