Registered post delivered to someone else

Hey guys

Thought it worthwhile sharing this story, the latest in what I see on these forums is a long line of mistakes made by various postal agencies here and abroad.

Note that AP are currently investigating my claim, and I await the outcome of that investigation before deciding my next move, whether it be the ombudsman, a solicitor and/or VCAT.

I purchased an expensive camera ($2700) from a seller before Christmas (12th December). I requested that the seller provide me with insurance and registered post for the item.

Since that time, the item has been missing in action- the seller has not responded to my emails and I opened a dispute with Paypal. Paypal investigated, and found in the seller's favour because she was able to provide them with a tracking number that shows the item was delivered. I had been requesting this information from the seller for some time however she would only supply it to Paypal. Paypal provided me with the tracking information from the seller, and I was able to confirm through the Australia Post website the the item was indeed delivered.

Headed down to the AP outlet to check that the item was there as I had not received a note in the mailbox- customer service rep informed me that the item had been delivered and was signed for by someone called "M Harris'. Clearly not me! This confused both the AP customer servioce rep and me when I showed her my drivers licence (with signature) that is not in the name of M Harris.

At this point, AP have not stated where the item was delivered, why it was delivered to and signed for by someone who is not me, nor can they tell me of the seller had paid for the insurance that I requested (and paid extra for) during the transaction.

So far I have learnt:

1- Buyer protection from paypal only works if they are able to claim to refund from the buyer- in this case, because they can see the item was delivered to my suburb, they are satisfied that the seller is not at fault (regardless of whether she has put the correct address on the parcel, or if she paid for the insurance that I requested) and regardless of whether I have actually received the item. In effect is it not buyer protection at all

2- that someone with a different name is able to sign for post that is registered to someone else

3- that AP will not provide me with a copy of the signature for 'M Harris' that they have on file- they requested (and I provided) a copy of my signature, I assume so they can compare the handwriting to establish that it is not mine

4- that AP cannot, or are unwilling to, provide me with insurance details for the item that was sent.

I eagerly await the result of the AP investigation and will keep people informed of the outcome. Hopefully there are some leassons we can all learn out of this!

Message 1 of 376
Latest reply
375 REPLIES 375

Re: Registered post delivered to someone else

@crikey*mate wrote:

@venomous_abyss wrote:

Apologies, I'm not forum savvy nor very awake. How do I "quote"? Guess I can google that. Beanz made reference to this item number :261368068541

When you hit reply at the bottom of the post, you get the reply box that you type into.

To the top right of that is a blue button that says "Quote"

click on that and the post to which you refer goes into your reply box and you just type underneath.

Then hit post as normal.

But, I don't think you can quote if you have an iPad, and if you quote someone who uses an iPad, I think you have to put a full stop somewhere or it doesn't work, but I also think that might have changed since Lithium took over.

Just if it doesn't work, I was just prewarning you it might be an iPad thing

Excellent! Thank you Cat Very Happy

Just clearly don't accidentally hit "quote" twice... Cat Wink
Message 351 of 376
Latest reply

hahahahahahahaha, great joke! 

Perhaps someone can supply me also with the banging head against wall emoticon...

Message 352 of 376
Latest reply

bang head.gif

and VEnom - You're welcome, there are a whole heap of toys and things up the top there...

twirl.gif

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 353 of 376
Latest reply

Ahhhh thanks crikey, I needed that Smiley Wink

I shall now hang head in shame and go play a game, at least I get what I am doing there, lol.

Message 354 of 376
Latest reply

You are kidding kimmidoll, arent you?!? Perhaps someone can supply me a banging head against wall emoticon.....

angry smiley.gif

Message 355 of 376
Latest reply

Quoting crikey

"must learn to type faster"

Message 356 of 376
Latest reply

@crikey*mate wrote:

bang head.gif

Hmmmm, there must be a time when a thread has turned into a load of bull, and it's just pointless going going on with it.....original.gif
Digi, was I not  supposed to warn you on situations like this??
Ah well...................original.gif
Crikey, sorry about your farting dog and your sniffles......................
(corks and tissues work for me...............ROLOTFF..................)

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 357 of 376
Latest reply

Two heads are better than one stawka, and I could have used both of em a tad earlier on in the night it seems Smiley Embarassed

Message 358 of 376
Latest reply

@padi.0409.0409 wrote:
Digi, was I not  supposed to warn you on situations like this??

Well, to be fair, I did say "if anyone spots me trying to bring a buyer and seller together for a happy ending...", and I didn't attempt anything like that... O_O

But yeah, let's add "barrelling along in an unrelated direction, and with no real sound basis" to the list of acceptable situations in which I hereby grant the authority to nudge me out of a thread. 

Smiley LOL

Message 359 of 376
Latest reply

Digi! You still in here? I was just going to turn out the lights on this thread and lock up...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 360 of 376
Latest reply