Reported for non-payment, seller not responding to my messages

I ordered a magazine via eBay. When I go to pay for the item, eBay is stoping the order process with the message:

"One or more of the items below can't be purchased because the seller has not specified postage costs to the location selected"

I contacted the seller asking for an invoice with the postage.

The seller is not responding.

I now find I'm being reported for non-payment by the seller.

This is not acceptable.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

That notice from Ebay will come up if you have bought from more than one seller and have not yet paid for the items. You just need to click on the checkbox of the seller that you want to pay and it will allow you to pay for that item only while you wait for the invoice from the other.

Ok, now. I could be wrong but as I see it both of the magazines you bought had postage to Australia listed so that Ebay message should not have come up. Was there another unpaid item that you are waiting on an invoice for, not the mag? If so you should still be able to pay for the magazine on its own.

I really hope I have explained this well enough, someone else may come along and spell it out better 🙂

Latest reply

No, that's not the issue. The issue is that when I go to pay for the item, there is no postage attached to the invoice.

The magazine seller finally responded.

They sent an invoice with postage included, and I was able to purchase the magazine and complete the process. I've now been taken off the report list.

The seller of the magazine told me they thought eBay automatically added global postage but that does not appear to be the case.

The other items left unpaid are in a similar situation. I can't pay for them because no postage has been attached to the item and the sellers have not responded to my invoice requests.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I should clarify my last statement above. Postage is advertised for the items as being shipped worldwide, with the rates to Australia, but are absent from the invoice when it comes to paying for the item.

The other issue here is the sellers not communicating. To file a report without communicating with me first is just plain rude.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Keep in mind some sellers have their account set to auto open unpaid item cases.

They may not have realized until they saw your messages.

image host
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I have the same problem,will not send to my po box,even though we have always had stuff sent there. Even took a photo of the invoice and attached to the message,still can't make the seller understand.  So they have now taken out an unpaid item action,even though we are very willing to pay ,am really cheese off

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I know how you feel jvharrison. Never had a problem for years and only in the last two weeks, I find these automated barriers just to buy an item. It's getting to the point, I'm simply going to give up on ebay and use another service instead.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Totally understand what you are saying adagio am just waiting for the super blast from ebay never ever had issues like this ever before

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

What superblast,  jv?

If the seller has opened a non-paying buyers dispute,  you have 4 days to pay.

If not paid, then the case closes  and you get a strike.

One strike is not the end of your life on ebay, lol

And it might only be a Friday ebay glitch.   Try to pay again tomorrow

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

jv,  is it the ring from USA?

If it is,  then you may be dodging a bullet.

Sellers got horrible negs and also it's through the Global Shipping Program

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply