Return item from USA using ebay International Shipping

Purchased a vintage quilt from USA shipped to Australia by Ebay International Shipping.    It arrived with fabric damaged which are not mentioned in the description, after conversing with the seller she offered a 20% discount.  I preferred to send it back to her after negotiated for 50% partial refund, upon the request being turned down.  Given the state the quilt is in, the cost to repair it is going to be expensive, 20% of purchase price would not be sufficient to cover the repair job.

Regarding return shipping, would I address the package back to the original USA mailing hub or to the seller?  She refused to provide return postage.   Having done some investigation, I found out there's a shipping label that I could print out, would I get charged for using that label?   How do I go from here?  thank you for reading.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

If it is a not as described case then you will not pay shipping the buyer will. If it has not received its first shipping scan by the date eBay says " send it back by" then you will lose your refund. If eBay says ship it back then ship it back.

If the case has been open for more than 4 days you should be able to ask them to step in any the return case usually gives you a date for when you can. If neither of these things is showing then maybe it has already been escalated ( if not by you then by the seller)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Okay… Use that label and send back the quilt. That’s a fair bit of money!

You shouldn’t be charged for returning the item.

The tracking number shown will prove that you’ve posted the item and it should proceed smoothly via DHL.

You will receive your full refund when the tracking shows a delivery status of “delivered”.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Do not ship the item back, unless the buyer has accepted the return request.  You do not get to just send an item back to an unverified address, and expect a refund.

Have you raised an INAD  dispute.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

No no no.

The seller is obliged to provide return postage as this is a case of INAD / SNAD.

Do NOT send back off your own bat.

Have you opened a refund request?

If so, and you’ve requested return and refund, and the seller has declined, then the seller has failed to provide a satisfactory resolution. If it’s been more than three days since you’ve opened the request, you should see the option to ask eBay to step in (aka “escalate the case”). Either eBay will provide a postage label or you’ll be refunded without the need to return.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Do not print that label, you will be charged.

If the item is not as described, the seller must pay for return postage, if they want their item back.  If they don't want it, then it should be a complete refund.

It sounds like you have not opened a case for item not as described.

Please do so immediately and do not close it (no matter what the seller says) until you have a complete refund.

Follow the procedure and ask ebay to step in as soon as the case allows.  Do not let it time out or you will lose the case, which cannot be re-opened.

eBay Money Back Guarantee policy | eBay

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I've already opened an item not described case.  The seller told me Ebay will handle return shipping and no further reply after I asked her to pay for return shipping.  I just want to make sure she pays for postage before sending the item back to USA.

So far, I'm3.jpg told to send it back by 10 July, I could not find way to ask ebay to step in, no button or pull down arrow to proceed.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

If it is a not as described case then you will not pay shipping the buyer will. If it has not received its first shipping scan by the date eBay says " send it back by" then you will lose your refund. If eBay says ship it back then ship it back.

If the case has been open for more than 4 days you should be able to ask them to step in any the return case usually gives you a date for when you can. If neither of these things is showing then maybe it has already been escalated ( if not by you then by the seller)

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I myself personally wouldn’t bother sending it back, well not back to the USA or anywhere internationally for that matter, far too much worry & hassle.

When making international purchases just really do a thorough check on the item you are buying, (even ask seller if they can send some pictures for your piece of mind) otherwise you are going to end up in a precarious situation.

Good luck anyway, hope it works out.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Okay… Use that label and send back the quilt. That’s a fair bit of money!

You shouldn’t be charged for returning the item.

The tracking number shown will prove that you’ve posted the item and it should proceed smoothly via DHL.

You will receive your full refund when the tracking shows a delivery status of “delivered”.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Hi,

I am processing one now, the  item was shipped from USA and the item is faulty so I opened a return case and printed a return label, the return will be charged on the seller as long as the reason for the return is item faulty or doesn't match descriptions you will not pay for the return.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply