Return policy Sellers terms say they take off the cost of their postage

I have initiated a return, the seller is ignoring me

I notice that in their return policy it says 

"Return postage will be paid by the buyer if it's found that the item's description was described accurately on eBay. In this case, refund will include the original price of the item, minus the cost to post the item by the seller."

It was listed as free postage Are they allowed to take their postage price off my purchase price?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks everyone, funny how things work out. We have been away and it was our housemate who said the package that arrived was a small satchel and therefore held the mini version

Upon returning home today we have opened it and its damaged, was in the satchel with no bubble wrap so Paypal can take it from here with an SNAD caim 

Interesting to know that sellers can take off postage prices from free postage though

have a great week 

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Firstly, why are you wanting to return the item?

Did you change your mind, was it damaged, or not as described?

Message 2 of 41
Latest reply

I made a mistake, its totally my fault, its a game and its the mini version and not the full version

Quite happy to pay return postage as i will get that back from paypal anyway but i cant use the Mini version with my son who has a disability. It has to be the full version like he uses in therapy

Message 3 of 41
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

As they said, if there is nothing wrong with the item and it is a change of mind return then they only refund the item cost and not the amount it cost them to ship the item to you.

If there is definitely something wrong with the item then you will be refunded the full amount.

Message 4 of 41
Latest reply

Although the postage was "free" - in reality it's just built into the price.

Initiate a return and select "change of mind".

You will then be given the sellers address details - you need to post it back with some kind of tracking in order to get your refund.

The seller should refund you your orginal purchase price once they get it back.

Message 5 of 41
Latest reply

Essentially it is a change of mind return so the seller should not have to be out of pocket for your mistake.

You have already said you are getting the return postage  refunded by paypal so I don't think it unreasonable that you should be out of pocket for the initial postage.

Message 6 of 41
Latest reply

Actually, just thinking about it, how does the seller determine to the buyer how much was postage paid on the sellers end?

Message 7 of 41
Latest reply

The seller should have some sort of record of the postage paid....there is probably something on the original wrapping of the parcel.

Message 8 of 41
Latest reply

It was listed at $19.99 and free postage so i really expect $19.99 back. All i really want to know, can they take money off that $19.99
Message 9 of 41
Latest reply

Yes, the seller is entitled to return just the item price if it is a change of mind return rather than a return because the item is not as described.

Why should the seller be out of pocket for your mistake?   You have already said you are getting the return postage from paypal so why should the seller be the only one out of pocket.

You could always keep the item and sell it yourself.

Message 10 of 41
Latest reply