Returns problem (buyer)

Hi.  I purchased an item.  Not correct.  Opened a return.  Seller accepted.  I printed postage labels. I wrapped item and posted it.  Now, days later, I’m being sent emails saying that i need to post the item asap.  I cannot find anywhere to inform that item is in the post.  What do i do?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Returns problem (buyer)

Hi all.  Thanks for your replies.  All helpful.

Someone from ebay saw this thread and contacted me.  He could see the tracking and its arrival back to the seller.  He has updated the system and has organised a refund.  
Don’t worry, i didn’t give out any personal info 😇

all fixed now.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Returns problem (buyer)

If the label came from eBay it should upload tracking automatically, however if seller emailed a label to you then you may need to add it manually!

From eBay help pages:

Adding tracking to your return

Adding tracking details to your return helps protect against delays or issues in the refund process.

If you use an eBay return label, you don't need to do this – tracking details are uploaded automatically.

If you didn't use an eBay return label, here's how to add tracking information to your return:

Go to your Purchase history and find the item in Returns and cancelled orders.

Select View return details.

Select Mark as sent.

Select the carrier from the drop-down list, then enter the tracking number

If that doesn't work then you might need to try eBay chat and see if they can add the tracking number for you?

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Returns problem (buyer)

Thanks for that.  I did use the ebay return label.

it hasnt updated.

there is no “mark as sent” button….i am using mobile version

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Returns problem (buyer)

Sometimes there are issues with mobile/ app versions. Would it be possible to try on a desktop or through a browser ( set to desktop mode) on your mobile? Preferably an actual desktop.

If not, then eBay chat might be your best bet 

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Returns problem (buyer)

Did you lodge the item over the counter or drop it in a roadside post box,  if the later then it is possible the item won't be scanned until delivery.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Returns problem (buyer)

Ooh, that reminds me of someone a few months ago- the return label was for hubbed and they dropped it in an Australia Post Box! 

So, Aussie- does they return request have a tracking number listed and that number hasn't updated? 

Or is there no tracking number on the return?

Sometimes tracking numbers can take up to 48hrs to update after a scan and as gutterpunkz said sometimes they don't get scanned.

Did you submit the parcel to the carrier listed on the return label - eBay don't always use Australia Post 

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Returns problem (buyer)

Hi all.  Thanks for your replies.  All helpful.

Someone from ebay saw this thread and contacted me.  He could see the tracking and its arrival back to the seller.  He has updated the system and has organised a refund.  
Don’t worry, i didn’t give out any personal info 😇

all fixed now.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Returns problem (buyer)

I'm glad you did'nt give info

You are one in a million for sure, since eBay staff don't read the member to member forum, and  never contact members based on their posts here

Maybe there's a first time for everything but

Like I said, one in a million 

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Returns problem (buyer)

He didn’t ask for any.  And my item return has been updated

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Returns problem (buyer)

@sandypebbles wrote:

You are one in a million for sure, since eBay staff don't read the member to member forum, and  never contact members based on their posts here

That might be changing Sandy, I had a CS rep contact me after I posted here about Saved Searches 3 weeks or so ago, and they actioned the problem.

I gave members a screen-shot of their response. If that's going to be an ongoing situation, then I for one would welcome it.

Edit. Ya beat me to it SnD, yes it was me.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 19
Latest reply