SCAM - Chinese sellers misrepresenting item location - Equick

So here is the latest 'SCAM' many Chinese sellers are now using in their listings to convince you to buy from them as their stock is supposedly located in Australia and you will get the goods quicker.

'AU STOCK' is big and bold in their listing heading.

In fact the item is in China and they use a re-fullfilment service called Equick.cn who consolidate many sellers parcels on a daily basis and ship them to Sydney. Equick then despatch them using Australia Post from their warehouse in Botany.

Around 4-5 days after you make your purchase you finally receive the tracking advice from Australia Post, which makes you think the items are in Australia, but in fact they have not even left China.  Around 10-14 days later you finally receive the goods.

This activity is clearly misleading and a breach of eBay's 'misrepresenting item location' rules and needs to be stopped.

Message 1 of 252
Latest reply
251 REPLIES 251

Re: SCAM - Chinese sellers misrepresenting item location - Equick

If you open a dispute for an item not as described the seller is going to pay the return postage if he wants the item returned.....and you are going to get your full payment refunded.

Instead of whinging about how badly you are being treated......LEARN HOW EBAY WORKS and you will not be out of pocket.

Message 181 of 252
Latest reply

casoste_0
Community Member

Message 182 of 252
Latest reply

not the point is it????? they fraudulently misrepresented the location of the item which is a breach of contract

Message 183 of 252
Latest reply

Sue them then.

I'm not sure that the WTO would entertain your claim, but I can't think of any other body with jurisdiction.

Message 184 of 252
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I been scammed to By eBay order placed date 26/1/20 35 item price plus Postage 5$ I opened Paypal case today !!⚠️Link to item https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F324011363423
Message 185 of 252
Latest reply

How were you able to open a case 2 days after you bought something?

It seems the item is located in Melbourne, judging by the delivery date.

Message 186 of 252
Latest reply

Read mark's feedback left and cringe Stawks......................

Spoiler
...................party list.....................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 187 of 252
Latest reply

@mark.meehan1993,

The feedback you have left shows that you are unreasonable. Once you have committed to buy, the deal is done. You have absolutely no right to expect an order to be cancelled after you've purchased it - and to badmouth sellers who have already sent the item. You also seem to expect parcel delivery to be as fast as a matter transformer. Were I a seller, I would be banning you based upon your behaviour as a buyer. However, I'm not; I'm just a buyer, astonished by the poor behaviour you have exhibited for page after page of your very own feedback comments.

You also don't know how to use feedback properly.

You may want to think about buying from physical shops. If you need Christmas presents to arrive before Christmas, either order a month in advance or buy from a shop.

I'm normally empathetic and try to see all sides of an issue. In this case, the feedback you've given speaks for itself. I'm dumbfounded.

trophy-woodenspoon2.gif

Message 188 of 252
Latest reply

careful everybody

Spoiler
don’t want to be accused of bullying and not being welcoming to new posters now do we?
Spoiler
good pickup padi, puts everything into perspective
Message 189 of 252
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:
I been scammed to By eBay order placed date 26/1/20 35 item price plus Postage 5$ I opened Paypal case today !!⚠️Link to item https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F324011363423

Scammed how? Do you understand the meaning of scammed? Do you expect same day delivery of items bought online, whether or not they are from another country? Do you understand how eBay works? As a buyer you7 cannot be scammed by eBay.

Why have you opened a case 0 business days after purchase? Are you an online shoplifter?

Message 190 of 252
Latest reply