SCAM alert - Sellers posting Kmart items at inflated prices

People,

I got scammed - I purchased a hallway table with free delivery for $65. Yesterday I received a parcel FROM  KMART directly, it was this table. I go and check the Kmart website - the item is for sale online for $30.

This is it: http://www.kmart.com.au/product/black-hallway-table/124214

The seller didn't even bother to have the goods delivered to himself and then to me - shameless scammer.

Since the overall damage is just $25 (Kmart delivery fee is $10), I reported the seller to eBay and I left negative feedback.

While for electronics it is easier to check pricing online, for furniture it is much more complex.

Note that a lot of people are selling the exact same item for hugely inflated prices ($65 was the cheapest on eBay when I bought it). I am sure they are playing the same game with a lot of other stuff.

Message 1 of 130
Latest reply
129 REPLIES 129

Re: SCAM alert - Sellers posting Kmart items at inflated prices

@lyndal1838 wrote:

The few genuine autism sufferers that I know all tend to be withdrawn and do not interact with strangers, rather than given to public tanties.

The autism sufferers as digagnosed by Mummy and Daddy just need a good dose of discipline as far as I can see.

Thats what I understood of the condition. Its dissapointing that the brats are associated with the condition as it could stigmatise those with genuine autism. I didnt realise there was parents self diagnosing their kids and making excuses for their behavior in this way.

Message 91 of 130
Latest reply

There are some instances where you can't blame the parents for the behaviour of the child. Occasionally you will come across parents who are just about tearing their hair out with frustration. Usually these are the parents of children with very real conditions.

I have also come across some children (and again, I have no medical expertise) where I suspect mental health issues of one sort or another. Very, very rare, but children with no empathy & a love of sadistic violence.

But more commonly, with your garden variety very naughty kids, ones who are habitually defiant, rude etc, you'll find the parents blame  everyone else. I'll put it this way: If a parent has changed schools about 3 times by mid primary school specifically because the other schools didn't understand their child or picked on their child, or if every year they request their child is moved out of a class because they don't like the way the teacher treats their child, then there is a fair chance the problem is with the child.

I can clearly remember one time when i was chatting with a mother after school and she was telling me she couldn't understand why he had any clashes with kids at school because he was perfect for her. At the time she was telling me this, her son was screaming at her and shaking her back & forth, hitting her (he was 6) because he wanted to go & she was holding him up. She never even noticed.

There's a lesson there somewhere.Smiley Wink

Message 92 of 130
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

We've had a few of them start at work over the years and it's my self appointed job to constantly tell them no. I take great pleasure in it. Seeing them want to explode at me is gold. I'll hear something like "I'm going to do this job". I'll reply with "no you're not, I'm doing it"....even if I really don't want to do it. Some have said that they out rank me. That doesn't go down well.

I remind them that their parents were going through puberty when I started this job so don't tell me they out rank me. Most of them pull their heads in after awhile and turn out to be great colleagues, but there are still a few that can't deal with being told no. They are the ones in their mid 20's who race off and ring mummy in tears because their nasty colleague told them no. Some even call it bullying. I call it educating them. Something their parents should have done.

Bullying... now that's another word that's bandied about far too often!!  I'm not saying there isn't a lot of bad behaviour but I wouldn't actually call a lot of it bullying.

Message 93 of 130
Latest reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBIymaO1qcU

(not embedding it due to mature content - Rob **bleep** occasionally infuriates me, but even though this isn't about autism, the overarching points are just as valid and applicable). 

Edited to add - jeeeeez, that word is 'bleeped'? Smiley Surprised Smiley LOL

Message 94 of 130
Latest reply

I agree with you , I just bought two side tables where the description said it was unbranded and no where sis it say Kmart or Home and Co . Very fraudilent, I am suprised kmart dont go after them for copywrite as well they take their photos directly off the kmart webpage.I don't have a problem if they had said it was kmart but they didint.  Also one was broken when it got here. 

Message 95 of 130
Latest reply

Does the item have K-Mart on it or is it only in K-Mart packaging?

If the item itself is unbranded then the listing is not fraudulent.   There is nothing stopping a member onselling an item that they have bought from a retails store.  If they advertised it as  XXX brand and it is not then that would be fraudulent.

What has the brand on the item got to do with it being broken....it is a separate issue?   Contact your seller and let him know....he cannot help you if he does not know there is a problem.

Message 96 of 130
Latest reply

@fcosenti wrote:

Look, I don't have a problem with paying an item more.

I have used eBay for years and years and never encountered a situation where the seller is selling someone else's goods without even bothering to mask it, while making a profit.

If the goods were coming from him and later I would have found out that I paid more, I would have said tough luck.

This is something different. Something designed to upset customers. You scam them in their face.

actually, all of your purchases have come like this. you just don't know about it.

Message 97 of 130
Latest reply

**sigh**

Message 98 of 130
Latest reply

I suppose I should self report myself - Everything I have sold I bought for less than the sale price. 

I for one am sick of these buyers who start searching for a better price after they buy the item.

The worst are the ones who advise you the item is available for cheaper elsewhere but not apples for apples of course. 

Message 99 of 130
Latest reply

I would say that the worst buyers are the ones that look for a better price after buying and come here accusing the first seller of ripping them off.

I always get the feeling that the buyer will be looking for any excuse to get their money back from the first seller even if they have to lie through their teeth.

Message 100 of 130
Latest reply