SLOW postage times with Managed Payments

Hia,

Any one else having issues with sellers taking longer to post items because they are waiting for eBay to transfer the payment to their back account?

I had an item I bought and paid for take over a week to be posted. I emailed the seller and asked what was happening with the postage, they replied back that it was taking eBay between 3 and 7 days to transfer the sales money to their bank account and they only post when the payment has been transferred to their bank. 

As a buyer this is very irritating, why should I have to wait longer to get my stuff that I paid for immediately after winning the item, for eBay to then delay the payments to sellers??

And this is only happening to Australian sellers, I've bought and piad for items from the States and in most cases they are posted within two days (some even the same day!)

EBay Managed Payments are going to be a massive pain the **bleep** if every seller is going to wait for cleared funds (I can understand why some are waiting to post considering how many scammers are using ebay) .

I've got two other items that I'm waiting on postage as well. I have a feeling those sellers are also waiting for their money to transfer.

EBay if you can't do instant funds like PayPal then don't bother doing Managed Payments, clearly it's a joke of a system.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your seller does not know their responsibility,   They are required to post,according to their handling time,

as soon as they are advised payment has been made.  They do not get to wait for the payment to be in their bank.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Your seller does not know their responsibility,   They are required to post,according to their handling time,

as soon as they are advised payment has been made.  They do not get to wait for the payment to be in their bank.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I guess people are still used to waiting for the payment to "go through". Why we need to wait days for the money to be transferred by Ebay is the real problem. 

Might as well fax a cheque to my bank!

And this stupid community site keeps telling me I have invalid HTML in the message body?? What is that about? Takes me 8 tries at posting anything and then I get an error message about flooding the comments. 

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

As a buyer you're not waiting for anything.

The difference between Paypal and MP is that MP is not a pseudo-bank.

And none of this has anything to do with you as a buyer, even the HTML thing. Try typing directly, not using C&P from a word processor - all of which contain HTML and other extraneous garbage.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I'm using SwiftKey on Android. It's the **bleep**py ebay community site. 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

It's Fri (maintenance day)....everything turns to jelly...try again later

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

imastawka_0-1617351750749.gif

Cakes should have been here last week for the 'new and improved forum' debut

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Maybe use a computer. Or type your responses. I have no idea what swiftkey is, nor do I want to. I do the lowest common denominator, which is what fits eBay.

Or don't use the community site. It is inhabited by members, not eBay, so maybe direct your tirades to eBay instead.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I have changed from 2 days to 5 days and I will increase it if eBay holds funds longer. There is another issue here that will eventually come to the boil: eBay now re-routes payments that are legally mine. Even if I agree to this through their policy, they most probably are now legally accountable for goods they have not in their possession.  I'll be watching with interest.

keep
 the  old  tools
 sharp

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

yes but you miss the point - sellers will just up their handling time to allow them to wait for cleared funds. 

keep
 the  old  tools
 sharp

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply