Scam Seller selling items he does not posses and has no intention of delivering upon

ducarlion
Community Member

01 Dec, 2021 purchased item from seller who has failed to post purchased product.  15 Dec 21 made contact with seller asking why item has not yet even been posted. 16 Dec 21 FINAL DATE OF DELIVERY replies and tells me they do not have product in stock and he will issue refund within coming days. There is no way this issue was unknown to seller at time of taking my money and can only lead one to believe it done in order to farm " customer " information for identity theft piurposes. At any time from purchase date the seller could have made contact and made refund. i am now out of pocket $280 for accommodation costs awaiting an item the seller had no intention from day 1 to deliver upon yet did not even so much as make contact to make me aware of such. this is an intentional act by seller who knew for a fact he had none of the stock he was selling as he would have needed send items and been informed at some stage during the process. There is no doubt in my mind this was an intentional act done in order to obtain my personal information for identity fraud purposes
Ebay is absolutely worthless in this regard with no means to report the seller who has already admitted he is not sending items as agreed upon when contracted to sale until such a time as the postage dates expire. I DEMAND AN IMMEDIATE REFUND
failure to do so will result in my informing my banking institution of a fraudulent transaction undertaken by this site due its lack of means to recoup my losses
i also demand the information of seller so i may contact authorities and if needed follow up with civil action to recoup lost funds due to his deceptive actions

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Scam Seller selling items he does not posses and has no intention of delivering upon

Firstly - not sure if costs incurred for accommodation - fall under any of this - your choice.

Now take a second thought on a fraudulent transaction on your bank account - that you actually agreed to & processed.

Now a third thought on exactly how much personal information did you hand out - a name, address, telephone number can be found almost anywhere - surely you didn't go further than necessary.

Now a fourth thought on Civil Actions.

Civil Litigation is a broad term that describes a court based legal dispute under the common law system which is not related to criminal liability. ... When a party is aggrieved by a decision, it may usually make an appeal because the lower court made an error of law.

Do yourself a favour - follow the advice already given - this is how eBay works. 

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Re: Scam Seller selling items he does not posses and has no intention of delivering upon

ducarlion
Community Member

do all you have reading comprehension issues too?

i stated the issue had been resolved
or is the issue you yourself pull the same scams on people and as such need defend your own actions

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Just a couple of points.

1.  No one is responsible for your accommodation costs, but you.

2.  Transaction for the purpose of identity theft!!    Highly unlikely, why not just fulfill the sale and still get ID.  While the  Seller does have some negs, the vast majority of goods have been delivered.

3.  Demanding an immediate refund here, is pointless, and only goes to show your lack of knowledge of the correct course of action.

4.  Demanding  the Sellers information here, is pointless  and in fact even if you make such a demand  to ebay, it will be denied unless you follow the correct legal procedures.

5.   The  FB  you have left can be considered  defamatory, leaving you open to legal action.

6.   As the FB you left is defamatory, the seller can advise ebay to remove it.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

you done seeking attention now on a threat that i have repeatedly stated has been resolved?

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

the feedback was very much honest 
he old me an item he was not even in possession of and didnt even have the decency to inform me up to and including the very last date of expected delivery
let him try legal action
i am extremely well informed when it comes to law

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

@ducarlion wrote:

the feedback was very much honest
he old me an item he was not even in possession of and didnt even have the decency to inform me up to and including the very last date of expected delivery
let him try legal action
i am extremely well informed when it comes to law

Getting parking tickets,  does not make a person well informed at law.

So  Mr  SA,  what is the correct procedure to obtain the sellers information.

What is the legal definition of defamation and other than your opinion, what evidence do you have to counter any such claim.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

So  Mr  SA..................

Didn't you mean SFB there GP ?????

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

So  Mr  SA..................

Didn't you mean SFB there GP ?????

Quite possible padi,  I quite often get  my  SA,SFB and  PITA, confused

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

I'm just grateful he didn't buy a harp. 🤣

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply