Scammed on Ebay

There's meant to be a money back policy on Ebay but there's no way of contacting them.  

The buyer is always away and the feedback is all negative now.  

I put in Item didn't arrive but I still want the item and then saw no one was getting their items.  Closed that and to put I Want a Refund but the button never reappeared.  There's no way of contacting Ebay.

They have a refund policy they're proud of on every page but no way to get one now.  

Being they've now broken that policy, does anyone know how to contact legal ombudsman in Australia or any other actions that I can do just to get my money back.  

Thanks

Lee

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Scammed on Ebay

I understand that you had a change of mind, from being willing to wait to wanting a refund once you realised no one else was getting their items.

Unfortunately, once you close a claim with ebay, you can't reopen it.

If ever an item does not arrive, always, always go for the refund. Never agree to wait or for them to send another item as you only get 30 days in which to make a claim & you can't afford for it to time out.

Had you kept your claim open, the seller could not have proven it was delivered and you could have pressed for a refund.

If you paid via paypal, then you are in luck as you get about 180 days in which to open a claim with them. If you do, just state the item never arrived and then follow through with your claim. You may get an instant refund or you may have to wait a week or so to give the seller the chance of reply, but follow through.

You can contact ebay on the help line (chat) and you could try that but I don't know how you would go as my impression is ebay is fairly inflexible. If ever you strike a problem with a purchase & need to make a claim etc it is always best to read up on their policies first so you know exactly what to do. Or you can ask here.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Hi everyone.  I went to the Help section and spoke with JoyDeep.  She gave me a refund this time.  The seller is scamming everyone and hopefully they'll close his account.  

I got lucky this time but they'll wait for the refund time to run out.  

From the comments it looks like lots of people are getting scammed now.  Unless you go to the help section and find the Talk to Ebay box, there's no way of contacting them.  

If this guy was scamming every other buying it's harder to prove but all negative feedback from every buyer for the last month.  

Thanks for the Help

Lee

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

So why didn't you leave feedback for this alleged 'scammer'?

Others might like to know about it.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

If it's the last seller that left you feedback, they are away until November 4th. No idea when they marked themselves as away, but if it's several months, without shutting their listings down, their feedback is going to take a beating. As it seems to have.

You got lucky this time. Very lucky. Learn from it and don't let it happen again. As mentioned multiple times, NEVER EVER close a dispute until you have resolution. Keep a close eye on disputes and escalate (ask ebay to step in and help) as soon as the option is there. Otherwise, you'll lose your money. Never accept an offer of a resend, it will never be resent.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Hi Ebay, I wished to raise awareness and my concern of a breach of security and trust in Ebay site.

After my last purchase payment made in Ebay, I was prompted on the same Ebay page just below my purchase details a small box "Claim (1)   Pending Gift   Aktuelle Gutscheine   Open " . I clicked on the box and was redirected to do a survey site relating to Myer to win a Le Creuset Cookware Set. Not suspecting, I did the survey and won the prize and then prompted to fill address and to pay a shipping fee. This matches many of those scamming tricks I had heard of but I am surprised that if such scam can occur in Ebay site which I fully trusted to be secured and legitimate. Though I stopped right there and did not provide any further details, I pray/hope no damage cause to my account or something else. Please act to protect your customers. Thank you.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Not eBay here. member to member forum

Don't click on third party ads and there will be no issue

This scam has been posted NUMEROUS times here on the forum alone, and on other sites

Not an eBay 'thing' the same third party ad is found on many various websites

Praying and hoping is not going to do a thing

Why click at all?

And when you say ebay should 'act to protect' their customers, but then you link the scam to the forum for others to mindlessly click on 

I hope a mod removes it before anyone else does

And your clicking on a scam ad has nothing to do with the topic, which was someone not following the procedure for the MBG when buying on eBay

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

It's still ' showering ' here. lol

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Ive reported it to mods,    

but why oh why would you put the links up here for others to get scammed,  you are doing the scammers job for them

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Same, but who knows how soon it will be removed 

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply