Seller Posted live worms without air holes.DOA will eBay do anything about this unethical behaviour?

I purchased 1000 live composting worms from a seller in Western Australia after I asked a lot of questions beforehand and they absolutely assured me that the worms would travel with enough food and air to make the journey to Victoria without any harm coming to them , and that they had sent worms safely before.

To my shock they arrived in a plastic skittles lolly bucket that was sealed around the top and the lid with sticky tape - there were no air holes!

When I opened the container there was no sign of life and nothing inside even resembling a worm- only foul smelling mud with what look like small bits of string in it.

I am absolutely disgusted and appalled that someone would do such a thing and think that it is ok. Seller is unapologetic, they are taking zero responsibility and making out like it is some kind of joke.

I have complained to ebay about this but nothing has been done- the listing with a posting option still remains active.

Seller also has their website listed within the listing. Is this even allowed?

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Seller Posted live worms without air holes.DOA will eBay do anything about this unethical behavi

Austfox, they shouldn't be sending them anywhere.

They're classed as live animals

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/live-animals-policy?id=4327&st=3&p...

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Re: Seller Posted live worms without air holes.DOA will eBay do anything about this unethical behavi

That link indicates most live animals are not allowed, but I can't find any reference to the live animals that are allowed.

On the US eBay website it does mention 'live bait such as earthworms' are allowed.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

I notice the seller has left you a false positive in their feedback, you can also report them to eBay for this as it is a big no-no 

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

I notice the seller has left you a false positive in their feedback, you can also report them to eBay for this as it is a big no-no 

I agree. It's a policy violation and the seller could well end up with a black mark against their name. Defintely get in touch with eBay, via the live chat, OP.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

Im actually chatting to them right now as seller has decided to leave me negative feedback under a positive stating - thanks for pointing this out to me! 

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Hi, 

What is OP? 

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

actually I see OP is original poster- I didn't buy 2 lots. only the one lot of 1000. 

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

Did they say if they would remove the false positive? You shouldn't have replied to it. It makes it stand out. If it's not removed today, get back onto them and remind them that it is a policy violation to leave a false positive and they must remove it.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply