Seller cancelled transaction after payment without notification.

Hi,

I am new to ebay and dont know what to do about this weird transaction. So this item was on sale with Best Offer option. I sent an option to which the seller sent a counteroffer. I accepted and paid immediately via paypal. In an hour i check my email to see my payment has been refunded. confused i sent a message to seller what is happening. She replied in two words 'Sorry cancelled'.

Can sellers cancel transactions without notification to the buyer? Seems odd to me. when I tried to contact the seller she is not replying to my messages anymore. she has 100% positive reviews (12 actually) .

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Seller cancelled transaction after payment without notification.

There's nothing much you can do.

They can cancel the order, although I know it is weird they sent a counteroffer that they then were not willing to accept.

They have obviously changed their mind & want more for it.

Let me just say that 100% positive does not mean very much at all when her whole total is only 12. She's not had a lot of ebay transactions, she's not a regular seller or buyer & unless she lifts her game a bit if she intends to sell, she won't do so well.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

i did simler thing but presses buy now and my phone paid by my card but i did noit mean to or want as mis lead on item now they we not reoply or cancell and put posted which it is noty as just paid

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

they never replied was trying a higher on 95 cants off and why put offer if will not respond and prest wrong thing when it came back and my phone just poaid in full for it i never put auto pay and so i couls not stop so cancelled the card for account but seller will still not reply

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Besides replying to an 8 year old thread.

This is a new one, blame your phone for paying,   I guess last week my cat paid for a transaction I didnt intend to buy.  Please I know its the weekend,  but phones dont accidently make purchases, only cats do.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply