Seller not honoring 12 month guarantee

boggo58
Community Member
Hi, I bought a tablet from China ( it wasn't a cheap one either,) last Nov. I messaged them and they said they have 12 months guarantee . I've messaged them a few times buy no reply now. What can I do since it's outside the 180 days time frame to file a complaint. Either from Ebay or PayPal.
Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Seller not honoring 12 month guarantee

Thanks for the advise, and yes, we who are honest people and have had failed warranty experiences now know that we have been fooled by dishonesty...

My issue is now, why dont EBAY remove their right to trade as a seller??

In my case Ebay have communictaed with the dishonest seller  on my behalf 4 or 5 times now and the seller will not even reply one message back to Ebay, the messages have been stern reminders of their commitments, but EBAY still allow these traders (who 'supposedly' have thousands of 100% satisfied customers) to trade? They need to be removed, there is now reasons they should not be removed..

Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

It's a great pity they cannot at least be removed from having ads visible on ebay Australia.

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

@podsandy1 wrote:

Thanks for the advise, and yes, we who are honest people and have had failed warranty experiences now know that we have been fooled by dishonesty...

My issue is now, why dont EBAY remove their right to trade as a seller??

In my case Ebay have communictaed with the dishonest seller  on my behalf 4 or 5 times now and the seller will not even reply one message back to Ebay, the messages have been stern reminders of their commitments, but EBAY still allow these traders (who 'supposedly' have thousands of 100% satisfied customers) to trade? They need to be removed, there is now reasons they should not be removed..

And how would you know this?  Ebay do not divulge what actions they take - if any.

If this is what you have been told, then they are saying anything they can to get you off the line.

If people woulld stop buying cheap from Chinese sellers and expecting quality,

then they would fall below par and be stopped from selling.

Ebay will not remove them until this happens.

Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

Last year I bought a replacement battery for my Dyson vacuum cleaner.

The seller advertised a 3-year warranty. However, within 6 months the battery went dead.

I tried to contact them but they just ignored my message.

Worse, Ebay could not do anything to help me or other potential buyers.

The seller still offers the same product with the same warranty!

Now I realise that one should not trust any warranty offered via Ebay.

Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

Unless you buy from an Australian seller that is registered to sell that product then you will not usually be able to get any warranty honoured. It is best to buy electrical items from an Australian store.

Latest reply

I have always bought replacement parts directly from Dyson. They ship fast and I generally receive within 2-3 days. I always know that I am getting genuine parts, with a warranty. Thankfully I haven't had to buy that many replacement parts, but when I have, I can't fault their service.

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

I bought a treadmill online from eBay from an Australia NSW based seller based in Fairfield which was a bargain at the time with 12 month warranty. It failed within 6 months and the seller keeps giving me the runaround saying that he will get around to it... for over 3 months now. What can I do?

He is still selling his treadmills.

Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

@souraji wrote:

I bought a treadmill online from eBay from an Australia NSW based seller based in Fairfield which was a bargain at the time with 12 month warranty. It failed within 6 months and the seller keeps giving me the runaround saying that he will get around to it... for over 3 months now. What can I do?

He is still selling his treadmills.

Did you read the entire thread? If so, you would have read that there is absolutely nothing you can do. Not a single thing, as it's well over 6 months since purchase. You would also have read that a warranty on eBay is worth nothing.

All you can do is cut your losses and get it repaired at your own expense.

Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

I bought a dash camera togard for $179.00 bucks back on february ,now it doesn't work, i contacted the seller and the guy says he is away for the wekend and once offered me to pay the return and extra $60.00 for him to send tge replacement ,which i accept but still he didn't send any address yet ,since about two weeks, i believe buying product on ebay is **bleep** as there is not option from ebay also to claim any warranty , or proteccion to consumers

I am rethinking for future purchases through ebay

Regards

Carlos

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

Hugely unlikely they have any intention of sending a replacement 

Have you indeed already given this person more money?

How would you be able to claim a warranty from eBay?

eBay do not sell anything

eBay do not offer warranties 

There is all the protection in the world for buyers

But NOT when they buy things and expect a warranty if the seller is not an authorised seller/reseller

As has been explained hundred of times over many years

If you want a real, actual warranty, then don't buy from sellers who cannot really give one

Simple

Message 20 of 22
Latest reply