Seller posted item so late I received after 60 days and can't leave feedback

Seller <Removed> only posted the item when I hadn't receive it a month later, and I made a fuss. So he sent it (again, - or maybe he doesn't send items at all until the buyer complains) and I therefore didn't receive it until after 60 days + from purchase date. I want to leave feedback about this shonky seller to warn others. but eBay won't let me.

How about changing this ridiculous policy that actually protects the seller, eBay?

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Seller posted item so late I received after 60 days and can't leave feedback

IMO 60 days is plenty of time to leave fb.

You can't let them string you along with promises.  If it doesn't turn up always go for the

refund.

I know you wanted the item, so you held out.

But that's hardly ebay's fault

If you didn't know about the 60 day time limit, then perhaps there are other things you have missed about buying on ebay.

I suggest a reading of the Site Map located at the bottom of every page.

Just sayin'

edit:  along with the board policies - didn't you notice that the moderator removed the

seller's name from your OP?   And then you repeated it.

Naming and shaming is not permitted on the boards.

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

Re: Seller posted item so late I received after 60 days and can't leave feedback

@imastawkawrote:

IMO 60 days is plenty of time to leave fb.

You can't let them string you along with promises.  If it doesn't turn up always go for the refund.

I know you wanted the item, so you held out.

But that's hardly ebay's fault

If you didn't know about the 60 day time limit, then perhaps there are other things you have missed about buying on ebay.

I suggest a reading of the Site Map located at the bottom of every page.

Just sayin'

edit:  along with the board policies - didn't you notice that the moderator removed the

seller's name from your OP?   And then you repeated it.

Naming and shaming is not permitted on the boards.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Was it a case of the OP not knowing the 60 days rule, or not knowing this type of dishonest behaviour of some asian sellers?  BTW I've struck some very good ones as well as a couple of bad ones, but only buying from them will tell you what kind you are dealing with, if the feedback is deficient.

Knowing about the 60 day rule is no help when you take a seller on trust and they let you down.  And frankly bitter experience is often the only way to find out.  Especially if a seller has hit upon a clever way to avoid bad feedback so buyers are left in the dark, which I might add is something probably eBay seems OK with, especially if they are high volume sellers.  I am continually astounded at the very high volume bad feedback along with those high volumes sales.

The OP wanted the item and was prepared to wait.  It didn't work, but he's not saying that's eBay's fault.  It's eBay's fault that they aren't prepared to fix what amounts to a 60 day avoiding bad feedback loophole.

Just sayin'
Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

The OP wanted the item and was prepared to wait.  It didn't work, but he's not saying that's eBay's fault.  It's eBay's fault that they aren't prepared to fix what amounts to a 60 day avoiding bad feedback loophole.

What's to fix?     60 days is plenty of time.

These sellers will only take advantage if you let them.

Again, not ebay's fault

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

Am I missing something? How is the seller shonky? I don't see how you can assume that purely on the basis that you didn't receive the item in the original timeframe but received the replacement. There are a lot of reasons why a package doesn't arrive and the seller not sending it is generally pretty low on the list. For all we know the seller has sent two packages and is out for one of them. Getting a neg would have been the icing on the cake for them, I'm sure.

I've had replacement packages arrive earlier than the original plenty enough to know you can't automatically blame the seller for it.

Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

Yes it's ebay's fault - their policies encourage a climate of dishonesty through loopholes that could be easily plugged - if they wanted to. Why put a time limit on feedback anyway?

Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

Even if REMOVED did send the item the first time, and it was due in 3 weeks, then if it went missing and had to be resent, then by the time it went through the system and admin and another 3 weeks, that is barely enough time to lie within 60 days. Easily done, and quite common i would have thought.

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

Perhaps it is, but that doesn't answer any of my questions - why is the assumption automatically that the seller is shonky? Most sellers who are shonky would have just told you they resent it, since you were willing to wait, and by the time you realised something was wrong, you'd have no item, be too late to open an eBay request, and too late to leave feedback. (There would still be recourse via PayPal, of course, but absolutely zilch you could do on ebay, therefore a shonky seller has absolutely nothing to gain by sending an item a second time, nor can I see any motivation whatsoever to send the first  time only after your inquiries about the missing package, if their plan was to never provide you with your purchase...unless they had to - it doesn't make sense).

eBay don't cater for situations where replacements are sent, by and large, either. They only facilitate the options for refunds when there's a problem. Perhaps if you feel this strongly about being able to leave feedback for your transactions, work with the system that's here - ask the seller for a refund if it's beyond a reasonable time to wait for it to arrive, and then re-purchase the item. 

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

If yu are so worried about feedback you can always leave feedback within the 60 days and then add a followup comment when the item arrives.  Followup feedbak can be left at any time....even years later.

Only problem with that is if you leave the seller a negative you may well find that he will not even offer to send a replacement.

Personally I would be leaving well enough alone and just accept that in this case you have missed out on the opportunity to leae feedback.

Have you ever heard of a blocked bidders list?  You may find yourself on a few.....sellers like to protect themselves from buyers who may prove to be troublesome.

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

Get in quick folks. OP seems to feel it is okay to contravene rules when it suits them.

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

@u.n.limitedwrote:

Seller <Removed> only posted the item when I hadn't receive it a month later, and I made a fuss. So he sent it (again, - or maybe he doesn't send items at all until the buyer complains) and I therefore didn't receive it until after 60 days + from purchase date. I want to leave feedback about this shonky seller to warn others. but eBay won't let me.

How about changing this ridiculous policy that actually protects the seller, eBay?

I know you were keen to get the item but the reality on ebay is if something does not arrive by the estimated delivery dates or soon after, you're better off carrying through with an item not received claim. In your case, you did receive your item so you're lucky. I am not too sure what advantage a seller would have to 'not send items at all' as buyers nowadays can get their money back, plus buyers are likely to complain if items are late and mark the seller down.

The seller may not have known you didn't get your item till you sent the message & the fact they sent a replacement doesn't shout 'shonky' to me.

I can see your point in perhaps extending the time for feedback. Maybe they could make it 90-120 days instead of 60 but I don't think it should extend forever because over time, someone may forget the details of exactly what they bought, what the ad said or who sold it anyway. Those details disappear over time in the ebay summary.

When I see recent negative feedback, I like to also be able to click & see what the ad said about the item 

I think feedback is important but the main thing is to either get your item or get your money back so never let any seller string you along too long. No item, make a claim.

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply