Seller posted item so late I received after 60 days and can't leave feedback

Seller <Removed> only posted the item when I hadn't receive it a month later, and I made a fuss. So he sent it (again, - or maybe he doesn't send items at all until the buyer complains) and I therefore didn't receive it until after 60 days + from purchase date. I want to leave feedback about this shonky seller to warn others. but eBay won't let me.

How about changing this ridiculous policy that actually protects the seller, eBay?

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Ebay do not care, all the care is they get their fees

As mentioned, buyers need to put a stop this this by not allowing such sellers to keep on doing it

Same goes for everyone

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Assuming the item you bought also had an estimated delivery of 37 business days, so not sure why you were surprised when it had not arrived within 30 regular days?

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Allow the seller to string me out past the 60 days? How am I supposed to stop him? I want the item, not a refund, or i wouldn't have bought it. Allowing 3 weeks for item to arrive, then a week in ebay's complaint system, then a month to receive it. That's 60 days easy. eBay should change their policy time limits. How could i know that Asian sellers are notorious for this - no negative feedback can be left for them to warn other buyers. You're lucky you know that already, Now I do too.

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

Whay are you defending this creep and this apparently common practice? Yes we should all stop buying from Asian suppliers - if we knew about it after reading all the negative feedback that can't be left.

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

@u.n.limitedwrote:

Allow the seller to string me out past the 60 days? How am I supposed to stop him? I want the item, not a refund, or i wouldn't have bought it. Allowing 3 weeks for item to arrive, then a week in ebay's complaint system, then a month to receive it. That's 60 days easy. eBay should change their policy time limits. How could i know that Asian sellers are notorious for this - no negative feedback can be left for them to warn other buyers. You're lucky you know that already, Now I do too.

You've answered your own question there, maybe in the future instead of wanting the item and not a refund, go for the refund and buy from a more reliable seller.

Looking at the seller's completed listings it would seem that most of their items could be bought elsewhere anyway, possibly at a greater price - but that could be the way to sort out the better sellers (apart from feedback left for them).

Glad to have been able to give you an insight into vetting sellers anyway.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

u.n.limited, you seem to put soooooo much emphasis on the f/back - and your inability to leave it.

Don't you realize that your f/back wouldn't make an iota of difference, this is Ebay, no one reads nor relys on it when making a decision to buy stuff

If we all saw the negs (and after all they are all someone else's opinions, so they don't count for anything anyway), that would mean that the seller would never sell anything, ever again!

As if....

You know that will never happen.

You have received your item, since you didn't have an attack over it's condition, only the time it took to get to you, presumably the item itself is OK.

And, if indeed, they have sent it twice, you may very well get the first one yet - it happens all the time.

From what I can see from the boards, negs are very seldom left "for the good of others" - mostly are used as a revenge & punishment.

And this most likely  is the primary reason no one gives two hoots about them.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

Obviously I'm in the wrong discussion board to drum up support for changing a ridiculous ebay policy.

And for your info - feedback is one of the ways that eBay differentiates itself from other online sellers. It helps me make a buying decision, and puts me off buying from sellers with too many negative comments. As it's meant to do.

Why work around stupid rules at all? Fix the rule, then sellers have to do the right thing. It's not rocket science. 

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

I read the feedback - and especially for high volume sellers.

Just last week I was looking for a particular CD and found one at a really great price. 

Then I looked at the seller's feedback.  230 negs just in the last month (I forget how many neutrals but it was bad too).

Naturally I looked elsewhere.

Nobody reads the feedback?  Not true.  I agree with the OP - it is important.

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

Yes, it's why I buy on eBay. Gumtree doesn't give feedback, most other websites don't.

If eBay cannot allow buyers to always give feedback then that decreases its value by not giving the whole story and it can't be depended on.

As an example, how many more buyers did REMOVED do this too, and as they couldn't leave feedback, how many more will get sucked in? It's wrong.

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply