Seller refuses to give there address to return a faulty phone!

whutzup
Community Member
Hi, could anyone help me a major problem I am having with a seller...I purchased a phone 5 months ago, it died for no reason! I ended a call, it froze...tried to restart phone, that didn't work, so I took battery out. Then the phone never turned back on from there 😞 I contacted seller straight away. I have one years guarantee on the phone. They want me to take a video of the phone then email that to them before they will look at sending me there address to them. I said I should not have to do this! Two weeks later and they refuse to give me the address! Told them they are breaking the law! They are being so difficult! Have made a complaint to eBay...but they can't do anything 😞 spent a lot of money on this phone...am so frustrated! Now they refuse to answer any of my emails requesting there return address. Apart from lodging a complaint with Fair Trading I don't think I have any other options? If anyone has any info for me about this situation....I would greatly appreciate any help!! Thank you in advance...Tracey
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Seller refuses to give there address to return a faulty phone!

HI

have you considered/tried googling the name of the seller?  Other disgruntled customers may have located these people and kindly posted their contact details.  This is only useful if they are in Australia though ...

I have the same issue with a seller who has been giving me the runaround since early March, has ignored my request to supply their contact details and has also said the item is under warranty but done nothing for over 30 days.  I have put a complaint in to Ebay but do not expect a result.  A quick search turned up the company in question's postal address, phone number and a generic email address - all I need to start proceedings with the NSW department of Fair Trading's tribunal (NCAT).  Luckily for me the company I am in dispute with is based in Byron Bay so is under the NSW jurisdiction.

The tribunal is an easy process and a small price (think it was $67) to lodge a complaint.  

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Apologies,the cost of lodging a complaint to NCAT is $38

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

If you do find an address or if the seller finally gives you one - please don't send your phone.

Reason 1 - It will cost you to send it back in a safe manner

Reason 2 - If this seller is as bad as it appears, they will then have your phone and your money.

Try taking it to get a quote to get it repaired, maybe the cheapest way out (not to mentiion the safest)

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

boggo58
Community Member

Try finding them on face book. Couple of years ago a seller 

sold me a fake win 7 ultimate. She said she will send money to my account  but never did, I still send the odd email but shes probably blocked it on her end. But the other day I though I would try face book and there she was.maybe another way of chasing up shonky sellers.?

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply