Seller wants me to sell faulty item instead of send it back

Hi Just wondering has anyone even had a problem with 1 contact details of a seller, I requested the contact details using Ebays contact request, How ever nothing ever gets sent to me. I ask the seller and they refuse. I purhcased sone LED Lights, One doesnt work, I want to send it back and get it replaced, How ever seller refuses and wants to list it for sale, Once it sells then get me to send it to the buyer. 2 The seller demands this is the best quickest way and wont do it any other way. I refuse to be part of selling a fualty item. Has anyone else ever had these problems? 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Seller wants me to sell faulty item instead of send it back

How long ago did you purchase the lights? If it's less than 45 days, open an item not as described case through PayPal. That usually gets a sellers attention when they want to play games......which it sounds like yours is.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

are they crazy?  I had this situation a couple of weeks ago (ok not as crazy as your seller).  I recieved an LED clock, it arrived and was faulty.  The seller said they wanted me to post it back at my cost which I didn't think was fair - and they wanted to resell it so make sure it was packaged as I received it.  I didn't think that was right either, I said you can't sell it, it is faulty.  I started an ebay dispute (for item not as described) and it is better than a PayPal dispute.  If you do the dispute through ebay then you don't have to pay to return the faulty item (I didn't, I just binned it) and I got a full refund (including postage) and didn't have to pay out of my pocket to send the faulty item back.  If you do a PayPal dispute you will have to pay return postage cost.

good luck!

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks did that and they dont seem to care 😞  

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

WARNING!!! Do not ever send an item on to another buyer, because you then become the seller and could end up responsible for any warranty issues, not the original seller. Also, by you reselling the item, the seller is getting you to cop the postage to the new buyer. Avoid and report any seller who tries this on, as it breaches several consumer laws.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

WOW I wish I did that before opening a Paypal dispute
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I cant even pull their contact details as everytime I do Ebay never sends the infomation. Ive done it before with out any problems, But this time Nothing

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Just tell them in no uncertain terms, NO. Open an Item not as Descibed and take it from there. They are pulling a swifty on you

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks Horizon Yep done it, I guess we wait for Paypal now

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply