Seller with false item location on listings

Hi everyone

Is there an avenue and do Ebay even care if a seller is listing an item as located in NSW when it is actually coming from overseas, most likely China?

I have purchased two items from a seller, they were both listed as located in NSW, I was only looking for items located in Australia when I did my search, I haven't received the items yet but I worked out fairly early on after the seller was playing dumb about when the item was sent, giving a tracking number etc and not actually answering my questions but giving me info that I already knew, that it was clearly not coming from NSW.

Do the sellers think we are not going to find that out when we get the item?

It's **bleep** that they advertise this stuff as located within Australia when it obviously isn't.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Seller with false item location on listings

And seller had the cheek to ask me to give them 5 star feedback and nothing below 4 star feedback when I receive the items ha ha.

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Hi, there boards are covered with complaints as yours.  This is an ongoing thing and ebay full well knows but wont do anything because they make their big money from these sellers. It's all ok to lie in the listings if you are a big Chinese seller, but lo and behold if a little Aussie seller makes an accidental slipup with a listing, off with the head. If it says Darwin, Regents Park, or even just simply Sydney, it is from China. And they are using more and more location names these days too. Best test is to read every word in the listing, you will soon pickup the hints of where it is REALLY located.   The Aussie claimed listings are pasted straight from the Chinese sites, and the sentence phrasing is all over the plase, with wrong words used to describe ''how happy you  be if buy from us'' this type of thing. And remember, if you get caught and you need to return a faulty item, it will cost heaps to send it back, so spend low and keep hopes low also.

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

I stay away from any listings giving the slightest hint of being Chinese.

Photo's, description or looks very similar to other sellers. Or too cheap.

They have no respect for rules.

image host
Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

To add to your list Audistar.. Epping; Campbellfield, Thomastown & Fawkner Vic. All Chinese dropship warehouses in cheap warehousing areas. Melb Northern suburbs. Bound to be many in the Weastern suburbs too! (Werribee, Hoppers Crossing & etc)

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Just leave negative feedback stating something along the lines of " item was listed as being located in Australia but was sent from China."

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Yep, do that and I will bet money that within a short time it will be removed. I have left negs for the same reason and they get them removed.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

@redders_60 wrote:

To add to your list Audistar.. Epping; Campbellfield, Thomastown & Fawkner Vic. All Chinese dropship warehouses in cheap warehousing areas. Melb Northern suburbs. Bound to be many in the Weastern suburbs too! (Werribee, Hoppers Crossing & etc)

iI they have the items sitting in warehouses in any of those places, they are not dropshipping. They would have also correctly stated the items are in Australia, regardless of where they are registered.

Why would they dropship to a warehouse, then have to pay Australian postage costs to get items out from there? Chinese tend to be economically literate.

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

Thanks for your responses.

I can't believe that Ebay have removed negative feedback when someone has stated that the item was shipped from another country other than what their listing has stated - clearly showing that the seller has lied.  How does that work????

I have reported the listing to Ebay saying that it is listed as being located in NSW but it is coming from China, but I'm not holding my breathe that Ebay will do anything about it.

I sent seller another email asking why they clearly lied about the item location and their responses continue to be pathetic where they don't answer the question but just waffle on "sorry for the delay, it will be there soon blah blah" without actually answering the question.

Anyway, thanks everyone, will be way more wary in future.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

@chiccaloca wrote:

Hi everyone

Is there an avenue and do Ebay even care if a seller is listing an item as located in NSW when it is actually coming from overseas, most likely China?

I have purchased two items from a seller, they were both listed as located in NSW, I was only looking for items located in Australia when I did my search, I haven't received the items yet but I worked out fairly early on after the seller was playing dumb about when the item was sent, giving a tracking number etc and not actually answering my questions but giving me info that I already knew, that it was clearly not coming from NSW.

Do the sellers think we are not going to find that out when we get the item?

It's **bleep** that they advertise this stuff as located within Australia when it obviously isn't.

It wasn't books by any chance, was it?

Similar thing happened to me. item listed as posted within a few days (no tracking number), then an Australian tracking number listed about 3-4 weeks later. Which sort of gives the  game away as you can see exactly when it was posted in Australia. Mine came from NSW alright, but it had obviously had to come from somewhere else first.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply