Seller won't refund for item that was incorrectly listed

The seller listed the item as Samsung Galaxy s duos and I bought it using Paypal. When I received it, it turned out to be the Samsung Galaxy y duos. So I emailed the seller asking for  a refund if I returned the item and this is his reply:

'Hi look im sorry but you had plenty of time to double check the product prior to purchasing and the ad did say no returns so im sorry there will be no refund.'

His listing here

Even if you have enough time to look at the ad how are you suppose to tell apart a samsung s duos and samsung y duos? I relied on his listing which he is responsible for.

How can I resolve this? Through Paypal?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Seller won't refund for item that was incorrectly listed

Spammers notwithstanding DON'T BUY PHONES ONLINE!!!!

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Agree! There are some things you really should buy from B&M.....or at the very least, someone local.

I didn't want to say to the OP not to worry about that particular phone......there's a reason why my husbands Galaxy Duos is his 'old' phone. It was complete carp. Maybe the S version is better, I don't know, but the Y was garbage. It was replaced in less than 12 months.

He is not a phone junkie, only has 2 apps (live traffic and the weatherzone) and normally only uses the phone for calls and the occasional texts. He rarely accesses the internet. Yet, even for him, that phone was carp. It could never decide which SIM card it was making the calls from. If it was set to card 1 (which at the time was post paid), it would make outgoing calls on card 2 (which was prepaid) and vice versa. There are a whole number of reasons why I wouldn't recommend it.

Hopefully the OP reports back and lets us know how they got on with their INAD case. I for one am curious to hear the outcome.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

He replied to the dispute that he will only do a partial refund of $60 instead of the full amount i.e $73.40($60 for phone and $13.40 for postage).

I assume he doesn't want to lose the postage cost out of his pocket but it's not fair for me because I will have to pay for postage to send it back.

I am allowed to decline his offer, but want to double check that this is the situation or is there something else going on.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

I presume you're still in the discussion stage of the dispute, in which case tell him that you want the entire amount you paid refunded then escalate to a full claim and let Paypal make the decision for you. Paypal will of course refund the entire amount that you paid and you will be required to return the phone to him at your expense. Make sure also that you return his phone with full tracking and SOD so that he can't deny having received it. Then, if you've not already done so, leave him negative feedback with his eBay user ID as part of the text (so that others know who he is) and trash his DSRs.
Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:
 leave him negative feedback with his eBay user ID as part of the text (so that others know who he is) and trash his DSRs.

Why waste the text character limit on that? Anyone reading the feedback comments already knows his user ID. The neg is attached to his user ID, even if he changes the ID that feedback & comment will stay with it.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

There's a very good reason for adding the user's ID to the negative comment because if you check a member's feedback for others, the member's IDs are masked. Therefore you have no idea for whom any negs have been left and can't check further to see if it was an isolated incident or a common occurrence.
Message 16 of 16
Latest reply