Shill bidding?

lolobgo
Community Member

Hi Guys,

I've been bidding on an item that has been removed before the end of the auction once before, and the guy relisted it. The guy has a 0 Feedback rate.... i thought it might have just been a newbee seller.....

Once again i bid on it, but was outbid in the last 5 minutes.... That was all good as i didn't want to pay that much anyway... but then i looked at the winners bidding details.... I dunno if i am reading this wrong, or there is shill bidding going on... 

heres the details

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 18
Items bid on: 7
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100% Help
Bid retractions: 0
Bid retractions (6 months):

Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Other 1 Seller 1 <1h
 Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Classic, Vintage Parts 2 Seller 1 2d 7h
 Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Vintage Car & Truck Parts 1 Seller 1 1d 15h
 Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Engines, Components 10 Seller 1 1d 16h
 Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Other 1 Seller 1 2d 22h
 Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Engines, Components 1 Seller 1 2d
 Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Other 2 Seller 1 1d 23h

I read that as the winning bidder has only bid on this particular sellers items.....  And bid on all 7 of his items? 

Am i reading that info right? do you guys reckon it's shill bidding? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Shill bidding?

I've reported it sheep, but i do doubt that anything will happen with it! 

As for shill bidding, i would consider it myself... well i need someone else to bid on my items first! Cat Wink

I do love what Harley said about bidding on the items and making them pay the fees. I'm pretty sure that feebay would crack it when their fees aren't paid! 

Message 11 of 44
Latest reply

knowing my luck if I did that the bugger would stop bidding and I would win everything LOL
Message 12 of 44
Latest reply

Thanks! I just spat my coffee at the lap top screen! Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 44
Latest reply

@lolobgo wrote:

I've reported it sheep, but i do doubt that anything will happen with it! 

As for shill bidding, i would consider it myself... well i need someone else to bid on my items first! Cat Wink

I do love what Harley said about bidding on the items and making them pay the fees. I'm pretty sure that feebay would crack it when their fees aren't paid! 

Same here!!!! Most of my items sell with only one bid (if they even sell at all), so I'd be wasting my time. As Harley said, it would be just my luck if I ended up winning all my own items. I think eBay would get quite sus with a sudden increase in cancellations.

Message 14 of 44
Latest reply

@modestbods wrote:

Look at how much they may have cost the winner of this item through their shill bidding... 141467665546

Disgusting.

That seller will never get done for not as described. Have you checked his descriptions? On this listing, did you see what he added to the description? I bet it was the added info that made it sell for so much. So informative....

Spoiler
sarcasm.gif
Message 15 of 44
Latest reply

Certainly looks like shill bidding, by a tosspot, they are not too good at it......by the time it actually sells the fvf will have eaten any 'illgotten" profit he might make.

Some people just gotta make you laugh!

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 16 of 44
Latest reply

I was bidding on this for my "better"  (or worse) half! (Halve????) anyway, he suggested that when (if) i win the item, i pay for it then and there via pay pal.... then i get him some defects.....

my other half was thinking he scored a bargin... more than he thought it was in my opinion! 

Message 17 of 44
Latest reply

@modestbods wrote:

@sloanranger62 wrote:

I had the same experience several months ago bidding on stairs & concluded that with little doubt that  it was shill bidding.   When I posted to this board that I suspected SHELL BIDDING I was castigated uphill and downdale for even thinking it!  If you search this board you will see how nasty it got.

That was because what you described as occuring did not correspond to Shill Bidding. The only similarity your incident had to Shill Bidding was that it shared the same initials...

Shifting Blame.JPG

Why are you so disagreeable, am I not entitled to my opinion that I encountered SHILL BIDDING.  What details do you know coming to the conclusion that it was not shill bidding.  This case was investigated by Ebay.  WHAT WAS THE OUTCOME if you think you know so much?     

Message 18 of 44
Latest reply

@sloanranger62 wrote:

@modestbods wrote:

@sloanranger62 wrote:

I had the same experience several months ago bidding on stairs & concluded that with little doubt that  it was shill bidding.   When I posted to this board that I suspected SHELL BIDDING I was castigated uphill and downdale for even thinking it!  If you search this board you will see how nasty it got.

That was because what you described as occuring did not correspond to Shill Bidding. The only similarity your incident had to Shill Bidding was that it shared the same initials...

Shifting Blame.JPG

Why are you so disagreeable, am I not entitled to my opinion that I encountered SHILL BIDDING.  What details do you know coming to the conclusion that it was not shill bidding.  This case was investigated by Ebay.  WHAT WAS THE OUTCOME if you think you know so much?     

So what was the outcome?

Ebay will never tell you the outcome of any of their investigations.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion but that does not mean that we all have to agree with you.  Many of us did not agree that it was shill bidding.

Message 19 of 44
Latest reply

Lyndal1838 with your 9000+ posts here you are again trolling these boards giving me a BUG IN MY EAR about the fact that it was not SHILL BIDDING.  What indepth knowledge do you know about the case as that is only between the seller, me the bidder & Ebay.  You really are a bully on these board and people like you are the reason I hardly use them.

Message 20 of 44
Latest reply