Since covid sellers have gone rogue!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been buying from ebay for many years, since ebay started really but the last 18 months or so i have noticed things changing, and not in a good way. Has Covid made everyone turn into a creep?

Sellers are sending out faulty, bad quality products and broken items. They seem to be mainly from those that are selling imports from China but are based here.

I have also noticed that when you try to get a refund the sellers now are somehow getting away with ignoring Australian consumer law and not refunding the buyer. Even when you would normally have every right to a refund.

It is getting to the point where we are thinking of not using ebay any more because it is not worth it. It is just a waste of money.

Today i got adulterated supplements that were supposed to be a gift. Herbs that have obviously been sweetened with some substance thus not 100% pure.

Years ago the buyers were looked after but now sellers have more rights, they have all the rights.

Too many are as dodgy as hell.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I'm confused, looking at the feedback you have left for sellers it's all positive,  why would you give positive feedback to rogue sellers.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

If something is not as described, why haven't you used the tools ebay supplies to all buyers, and opened a case to get your money back?

eBay Money Back Guarantee policy | eBay

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Maybe don't buy from China?

I sell books and haven't had any complaints, pre-COVID even.

Your issue seems to be with cheap Chinese junk. Maybe don' t buy cheap Chinese junk?

And maybe familiarise yourself with eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I have also noticed that when you try to get a refund the sellers now are somehow getting away with ignoring Australian consumer law and not refunding the buyer. Even when you would normally have every right to a refund.

How exactly are you trying to get a refund?

Are you contacting the seller when you receive a faulty product and finding that they fob you off or ignore you?

You should be able to get a refund without even involving the seller. Open an ebay claim and follow through with it.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply